New section

Bill

Administrator
Here you go Tap. There's a Name this plant section..

Or shall we call it stump Native Hunter?!

Native Hunter is able to ID them from the stump alone!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm going to trick you guys with reverse logic, and I will start posting plant pics for you to identify for me...:emoji_grin:

Can we just call it "The Chase" like the TV show and Native can just be "the beast"?????

Thanks Bill!
I actually get a little disappointed when there are no new posts of people wanting to ID a plant. I really enjoy the challenge of helping someone ID a plant or the chance for myself to learn a new plant.

Maybe we can get Native Hunter to do a weekly thread..."Plant of the Week". I'm constantly blown away by his level of knowledge of plants. He's amazing.
Species profile was one of my favorite sections of the Quality Whitetail magazine that I always enjoyed.

Last edited:
I really like this idea as well. I'm constantly sending pics of plants i find deer browsing on to a hippy buddy of mine to enlighten me.. I really wish I could identify young trees without leaves. I cut fence lines in winter and always wonder if I'm ruining a young oak while cutting down my target trees

I don't know why you guys look to Native Hunter to ID plants for you. He only has about 2.7 million varieties planted/growing at his place !!!!!!!!! :emoji_astonished::emoji_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Wildlife never had it so good !!

Nice idea for a thread.

Last edited:
I don't know why you guys look to Native Hunter to ID plants for you. He only has about 2.7 million varieties planted/growing at his place !!!!!!!!! :emoji_astonished::emoji_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Wildlife never had it so good !!

Nice idea for a thread.

I promise, I promise - I grow weeds, but I don't grow any "Weed." :emoji_grin:

In the meantime, all the bucks with glaucoma that gather at Native’s place are easy to shoot because they never see you coming!

In the meantime, all the bucks with glaucoma that gather at Native’s place are easy to shoot because they never see you coming!

They're all hopped up from eating weed and have become too lazy to run. Just hunt over a bait pile of Doritos.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

LOL...you guys are cracking me up. It's good we can all have so much fun after this cold and nasty winter. :emoji_thumbsup: I will just be glad when its warm enough for the weeds start growing again.... I'm ready for some habitat work!! :emoji_grin:

LOL...you guys are cracking me up. It's good we can all have so much fun after this cold and nasty winter. :emoji_thumbsup: I will just be glad when its warm enough for the weeds start growing again.... I'm ready for some habitat work!! :emoji_grin:
I'm just wrapping up my hunting year. Sitting in a tree on the last day of Pa. Saw 15 or so today, so far. Beautiful day in the mid 40s. Feels like a heat wave.

I'm just wrapping up my hunting year. Sitting in a tree on the last day of Pa. Saw 15 or so today, so far. Beautiful day in the mid 40s. Feels like a heat wave.

Sounds like a good time Tap.

For the first time ever, I'm having a trapper to come to my place next week to catch some yotes. There are at least 4 (and maybe more) coming in regularly, and I just don't have the time right now to hunt them. Hopefully he can clean them out before fawn dropping time. I would trap them myself, but my job keeps me on the road quite a bit. This guy is a good trapper and a good person. My dad has been letting him trap on his place for years.

Sounds like a good time Tap.

For the first time ever, I'm having a trapper to come to my place next week to catch some yotes. There are at least 4 (and maybe more) coming in regularly, and I just don't have the time right now to hunt them. Hopefully he can clean them out before fawn dropping time. I would trap them myself, but my job keeps me on the road quite a bit. This guy is a good trapper and a good person. My dad has been letting him trap on his place for years.
Good luck with them.
Haven't seen as many here this winter, but I shot 2 of em last summer from my porch.