New litter of GSP

WTNUT

5 year old buck +
Well my best female just had her first litter of pups. Nine in all and each is healthy and doing well. They were three days old yesterday which meant it was time to do tails and dew claws.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh forgot you all like photos IMG_7718.JPG

GSP - German Shorthaired Pointer? Beautiful dogs! I had one when I was in my twenties in my bird hunting days. Nothing like a good working dog. He was a much better hunter than I was a shooter. That’s for sure!

GSP - German Shorthaired Pointer? Beautiful dogs! I had one when I was in my twenties in my bird hunting days. Nothing like a good working dog. He was a much better hunter than I was a shooter. That’s for sure!

Yes; German Shorthaired Pointer. One of the most versatile bird hunting dogs I have ever been around. I like other breeds and am not a GSP snob for sure each has their strong suit, but I have never seen another breed that can hunt all day at 30 yards in front of a foot hunter or 300 or more yards in front of a horseback hunter in a western prairie.

Love the chocolate chip on momma.

Love the chocolate chip on momma.

Yea, anxious to see what they will look like. All GSPs are born white except for patches. This is an exciting breeding on the dam's side starting with grandparents and coming forward to the damn there are something like 20 field national championships and two of the three on that side are NFC CH. On the studs side the grandfather was a dual champion in field and shoe ring and sire of the year about 5 years ago. Long story but I never campaigned my stud .... promise to daughter thing .... but he is the best pure hunter of my three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking good. My old GSP was a skunk and cat killing SOB. He died at age 14 in 2010. We had another one that was an awesome hunter as well when I was a kid. I was going to get another one but they can’t take the cold water here duck hunting.

Looking good. My old GSP was a skunk and cat killing SOB. He died at age 14 in 2010. We had another one that was an awesome hunter as well when I was a kid. I was going to get another one but they can’t take the cold water here duck hunting.

No I would say not. They can take extreme cold on an upland hunt, but water is another thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk