New Crossbow Results

foggy

5 year old buck +
Bought a Ten Point Crossbow this year and have got it set up now. Made it so it attached my monopod or bipods....and have some short bipods to shoot from the bench. Gets pretty steady for zero-ing in. I have a few aluminum arrows and six carbon arrows. Both shoot similar velocities. Heres the info from my Chrony.
chrony.JPG

....and here is the group of three arrows at 20 yards, with field points and aluminum arrows. That will be the last time I shoot a group as I don't want to robin hood my arrows. The carbon arrows fly to the same impact point.....as did my Grim Reaper practice head. The 100 grain Grim Reaper heads are designed for higher speed crossbow use. Seem to be the real deal to me.....but I don't have much real world experience with them.
arrowsjpg.JPG

I doubt if I could become this profient with a compound or longbow. The learning curve for a crossbow is pretty quick....even for a old phart. ;)

What model 10 pt did you get? I picked up a Titan Xtreme Blackout a few months ago but have yet to shoot it other than at Gander the day I bought it.

I got the Shadow UL model. Its a new model this year and a little lighter (6.x lbs) and super compact. I decided to spend a bit more and got the accudraw.
My grandson is shooting it here with my bipod off a card table.
xbowbipod.jpg

xbowmonopod.jpg
Here's one with my monopod attached. Not near as stable for sighting in....but likely better for hunting in a blind.

I have not shot my crossbow this year. Maybe I will get excited about bow hunting later as I just bought a license.

I don't really want to shoot a deer with the bow anyway.

I have not shot my crossbow this year. Maybe I will get excited about bow hunting later as I just bought a license.

I don't really want to shoot a deer with the bow anyway.
Hand grenades?

I plan on taking mine along with my bow if I hunt out of the shadow hunter or for late season bow. During reagular bow season I'm sticking with the bow.

I'm not really pumped up about hunting yet either. I think it has more to do with how behind on my to-do list up in the woods I am vs any animosity towards the season we're looking at.

My goal is to shoot a yearling type deer near the end of the rifle season.'

If I saw a real dandy buck I would probably have to shoot him, but that is no longer my goal. I hope my oldest daughter or one of my neighbor's sons gets the big one.