All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New chainsaw help

MS170 is not as gutless as some would claim... mine has 16" bar...12514 Cedar cut.jpg 12515 cedar log.jpg

And some Cedar post for the porch on the cabin12515 cedar posts.jpg we are getting ready to build up on our property...

And the next big dead cedar I am going to take down for the lumber...12515 dead standing cedar.jpg

I got a 180 with the EZ start feature this year. Not sure I need the EZ with that little engine.....but it's a nice saw. I can do about everything that needs doing with it. I sold mu Sthl MS 380 this past fall (had a bad recoil and i didnt want to mess with it anymore - too heavy for this old body. Was a firewood making machine tho.)

Had several close calls over the years without chaps. Cut thru my pants a few times. This year I got some chaps for C'mas. ;)

Do you have a set of chaps? Kind of a pain to wear and get use to wearing but one trip to the ER & you wish you had them on. View attachment 3718 Don't be this guy.
Self limiting genes!

X-2 on the lower back deal, NH. Every year gets a little stiffer. But I love my wood cutting!

When I said
Maybe you can get a "Balls" accessory!

This wasn't what I had in mind!
Do you have a set of chaps? Kind of a pain to wear and get use to wearing but one trip to the ER & you wish you had them on.
index.php
Don't be t

This is sort of the OPPOSITE of what I had in mind! I mean come on! Where is this guys eye protection - he could hurt himself!:D

View attachment 3715
I dropped over 3 bills on this topping saw and Im not happy with it. I want ssomething bigger. Its light and cuts good as long as its sharp but need something with more balls...
Sold my lil ms92tc today for $250. Gonna go a little bigger. Wish Stihl had somthing between the 170 an 251 that didn't have all the BS EZ start

Picked up a new Stihl 251 today. Guy gave me the $319 price for the oldser 250 model. I even told him his price was wrong. He assured me it wasn't. Ok I thought. I only called 5 different Stihl dealers today! I was very educated on what the saw cost. I tried to tell him. He then gave me a 10% discount for being a paramedic. Under $340 out the door with case an extra chain.

Be safe with it.