Neighbor selling his land with cabin!

All I will say is often times buying a neighboring property can be a once in a lifetime sort of opportunity. At least in my area it is. Either you strike while you can or you kick yourself for decades to come later! Hopefully it works out for the better as you can only do so much.

To me it sounds like it would be hard not to snatch this up, try to barter it down a little if you can but with adjoining property to yours and a cabin for that price....I would have already signed papers and had a backhoe in digging a pond!

You usually only have 4 chances to purchase neighboring land.And it can either be a bargin,worth whatever you have to pay or not worth giving it a second thought.Don't pay asking price ever without trying to negotiate.If you are willing to give a certain amount,make an offer

Adjoining property to my land has only come up for sale three times in the 40 years I have owned my land. One was an 80 that was pretty much open farm fields with a large old house and barn. I had no interest in that piece. The other was 25 acres of pines and a great 5 acre field for a food plot. It came up for sale when I could not afford it. The third time was when I talked to the land owner of the 112 acres next to my 10 and found he would be interested in selling. I jumped on the deal. It was never listed by a realtor and I was able to negotiate a three year land contract with a balloon payment for the acreage. I had the money and paid the land off in 3 years.
Rare opportunities indeed.

Thanks guy ... Iam going to try and make something happen I'll post pictures if a deal is done. I told myself if that property ever goes up for sale id buy it.