Need new small game vest suggestions.

BC Buck

5 year old buck +
My vest is dry rot and needs replacing. Tired of cheap ones that are uncomfortable with the weight of 4 or 5 rabbits in back. Thinking a strap vest might be the way to go. Cool to use dove season and adjustable to fit over heavy winter coats. Do you guys have suggestions on brands or where to look. Thanks

If you can find them the Carhartt are one of the best made, will last a lifetime.

Been looking at the Filsons. There chaps are hard to beat but pricey. Iv never seen a Carhartt vest but will check out there web sight.

Ok, so I do a ton of bird hunting, and I have to be comfortable for all day hikes in the grouse woods.

Have had several different vest and packs over the years. I've settled on the LL Bean Technical Upland Vest (only caveat is you have to be at least a 34" waist, this is the smallest it will cinch down). Comfortable when loaded down, two big water bottle pockets for the dogs, water bladder pocket on the inside, good sized pockets for gear and clothes layers. I can even put my sidearm on the belt part easily (slid between belt strap and belt cushion). Only thing it doesn't have is a good solution for my gps and dog collar remote (I'm gonna have to make something custom this winter because it just ain't working well for that.

Then, I consider a good set of chaps mandatory for small game. I have had a pair of Stone Creek Hunter's Choice Chaps for probably 5 years now, and they show absolutely zero signs of wear. I'm expecting these things to last for at least another 25 years at this rate!!! They are sort of custom fit, since you gotta measure your legs and then your order them for your size (not just a generic sm-med-lg)...if you got short fat legs, your covered. If you are tall and lanky, no problem.

I picked my chaps up back when they were a mere $40! My buddy finally broke down and got a pair back in August for $55....and now my other buddy is going to have to pony up $65 for himself and his dad! But even then, that'll be less than $5 a year and you can hunt in your daily jeans and not damage them. Early season, I'll even hunt in shorts and have no worries about charging through briars and buckbrush. And when they say waterproof, they mean it....right now my buddies all buy those brush pant/jeans for $50-100 a pair....they only last a season or 2, the thorns still get through to flesh AND they are soaked through after the first 10min every morning from the dew!

Seriously get the chaps, and don't get any other than the Stone Creek, you will be disappointed. They are made by serious coon hunters and they make them because they needed the best possible solution for thick wet cover...and there were none available anymore, so they make their own now.