My Thanksgiving Buck...

OkieKubota

5 year old buck +
After me wife taking her best buck the day before I had one more morning of a good wind to hunt our place before it switched so I decided to hunt the same stand my wife had sat the day before since she had seen a lot of does and rutting activity from there the day before. My day started slow with no deer seen until a doe and two buck fawns came through at 8:06 picking up acorns. About 9:00 I saw a nice 8 point following a doe headed my way and I looked him over real good and decided to pass him because I had trail cam photos of larger bucks on the place and wanted to hold out for something better or eat tag soup if it didn't work out. I watched him leave the area heading to my north so I settled back in and about 9:15 I looked over my shoulder and noticed a buck behind me working his way through a thicket but any chances I would have had at him had already passed and he was headed toward the west away from me. I grunted at him but he paid no attention. I thought it was over so I sat back down and about 5 minutes later I heard deer running so I stood up and here came a doe running through the woods with the buck I had seen slip away chasing her with another smaller 8 point behind him. I got stood up as they were passing me on my right and was able to put a good hit on him... I identified him as the #1 buck I had been after once he was on the ground.060.JPG Johnny Thanksgiving buck on site.jpg

man! that is a slammer! congrats on a great season!

"Honey, get the checkbook. We're going to the taxidermist!"

Nice deer!

I bet you guys will be fighting over that stand next year. Congrats to both of you.

Great year! Congrats on the year and all the bucks.

Nice deer!
And so is the wife's.

Do you always clean up like this okie? That's some sweet action. Really impressive

That's some spread and mass there! Way to go Okie!

Thanks everyone...

Dipper, I have had pretty good success over the past several years. I don't always get 2 good ones a year but usually always get at least one good one a year. I only hunt in Cherokee county Oklahoma and have 3 areas we can hunt other than here at home. We had identified some good bucks in other areas but none were better than the ones we had trail cam photos of on our 80 acres...

Okie- I enjoy your threads as much as any I read, and really feel you deserve the success you've had this year! Congrats!

That's world class work

Thanks guys. I went up and checked trail cams today and we have had a wild boar move in now... Not very happy about that...

More habitat work going to start come January and I am excited about getting after it!

awesome buck. Scoot

Beautiful!

Thanks guys...

Wow, didn't see this one either Okie! You and the wife teamed up for a he!!ava season! Congrats! Looks like your habitat work is really paying off down there.

Wow, didn't see this one either Okie! You and the wife teamed up for a he!!ava season! Congrats! Looks like your habitat work is really paying off down there.
I got another one too on Halloween...