mow and cultipack?

Powder

5 year old buck +
I am looking at doing throw n mow for clover/wr next year. After I get done spraying and seeding, do I mow and cultipack, just mow or just cultipack?

I am looking at doing throw n mow for clover/wr next year. After I get done spraying and seeding, do I mow and cultipack, just mow or just cultipack?
Just mowing afterwards works well for me. I've done side-by-side tests of mowing vs mowing and cultipacking. Saw no difference.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Seed then Mow then Spray is my routine and it works great

Some spray,seed and dont mow or roll,pack,etc

Lotta permutations and variation on the TnM "theme"

bill

I like seeding then spraying and calling it soup. Dead thatch standing won’t hurt a thing unless it’s 2 foot tall and thick.

No need to do both. I do one or the other depending on what time of yr and sometimes what I want to have going into the fall.

Let me explain a bit. Depends if the previous yr I had also done some WR blend and now is the rye headed out and going to volunteer seed from the old crop. If I want it to come back heavy in rye again I'll mow. That seems to me to put a lot of that volunteer seed on the ground and heavier germination. If I want to have heavier for clover I will cultipack the old rye which bends it over and covers the ground but not completely flat. A lot if not most of the old seed heads are not touching the ground that much and not going to reseed as heavy. Seems to come back mostly in clover which is my usual goal.