Moultrie M-880 Time Lapse Mode??

SD51555

5 year old buck +
Has anyone ever used that setting? I've been reading my book about it, and I'm not clear I understand how it works. I'd like to set my camera so it takes a picture every day for a plot evolution sequence. Anyone know if it can be done with this camera?

Time Frequency
Used to set the time frequency between each photo in plot mode. To change the time lapse
frequency press the UP/DOWN buttons to highlight the desired setting. Press the ENTER button to
save the setting and return to the Camera Setup Menu. Time lapse frequency can be set to 5, 10, 15,
30, 60 seconds or 2 or 5 minutes
NOTE:
When the Time Lapse Frequency is set to 60 seconds, 2 minutes or 5 minutes, the
cameras motion sensor can still be activated in between photos. When this occurs,
a photo will be taken and added to the time lapse video.

It looks like you can set it the maximum time between shots to 5 minutes so I don't think you will be able to get it to take just one picture a day.

Time Duration is used to limit the time periods that the camera will be active. To change the time
lapse duration, press the UP/DOWN buttons to highlight the desired setting. Press the ENTER button
to save the setting and return to the Camera Setup Menu.
Plot duration can be set to All Day, 1, 2, 3, or 4 hours.
All Day
– Camera takes photos all day
1 Hour
– Camera takes photos for 1 hour twice a day.
2 Hour
– Camera takes photos for 2 hours twice a day.
3 Hour
– Camera takes photos for 3 hours twice a day.
4 Hour
– Camera takes photos for 4 hours twice a day.

In the morning it starts taking pictures 15 minutes before sunrise and the evening it ends 15 minutes after sunset. If configured for every 5 minutes and 1 hour duration that would be 24 pictures a day plus any triggered my the motion sensor.

If I do time lapse I tend to use the hybrid mode, so it takes time lapse during the day and still triggers at night.

Last edited:
Appreciate the help Kabic.

I must have gotten an older book with my cam. I just went and checked the online manual, and it seems pretty straight forward now. The book I got just served to confuse me and made it seem like you couldn't customize the time period in the lapse setting. I apologize for not doing that first. But, for the sake of conversation, I found it on the last 3 pages of the manual.

http://www.moultriefeeders.com/media/downloads/1577/M-880 Series manual_ENGLISH.pdf

The software I got with my covert camera (Scouting Assistant) lets you take individual pictures and then compile them into a movie. Maybe you can set your camera in time lapse mode than take just one picture from every day and copy it to a different directory than at the end compile them up into a movie.

I think you may be to able to download Scouting Assistant from www.scoutingassistant.com and there could be other software that has similar capabilities.

I think having a time lapse of a foot plot growing could be pretty good and I may do that next year. I think I could get around 120 days at 15 pictures a day on a 4GB SD card