Morse Nursery

Morse nursery sold ? . I've never ordered from them but I saw a comment from Charile on their Facebook page stating :
Charlie Morse
No business could have predicted, planned or prepared for the unexpected volume of business and calls you guys are having this spring! There’s no way I could have handled this as well as you guys are under the circumstances! This is a great family that bought my business and to my many good friends and customers please be patient with them as they work through this spring. Charlie

Maybe the new owners will use less snake oil to sell their products

Maybe the new owners will use less snake oil to sell their products

Pretty sure they're from the same mold but way less knowledgeable. I swore off Morse years ago but seeing some new persimmon varieties and knowing about the new management I thought maybe I'd try again. Then a few weeks ago I got an email advertising a "Thermal cover kit" or something of that nature. It was a bundle of norway spruce trees and tree tubes. Told me everything I needed to know about the new team.

Edit-Found the package on their site. All for $500 lol.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210423-205913.png
    Screenshot_20210423-205913.png
    396.3 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
How do you rate your trees ? satisfied or not ?
I'd rate them a little pricey but they looked healthy. Time will tell if they were worth it.

I was interested in Morse's Hybrid Pears , just wanted two seedlings to try . However they have a minimum order of $75.00 , and a minimum of $25.00 shipping . That's a little more than I'm willing to spend for a 3 inch seedling. I can't confirm it , but yes somebody online did tell me Morse shipped them a " 3 inch seedling".

I was interested in Morse's Hybrid Pears , just wanted two seedlings to try . However they have a minimum order of $75.00 , and a minimum of $25.00 shipping . That's a little more than I'm willing to spend for a 3 inch seedling. I can't confirm it , but yes somebody online did tell me Morse shipped them a " 3 inch seedling".

I’ve received 3” seedlings from them also. They’ve turned into really nice apple trees since being planted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Club bought some of his yellow and red crabs last year, they all made it through the summer and Fall. Whips is a good description. We had to support many of them inside the deer fence we protect them with just to get them to remain upright but this week I ventured out to see how they were doing and all of them I visited (about 8) are stable enough it appears after one year of growth to stand on their own.
Quoting myself here with an update…we were doing fence and mulch maintenance today and snapped a picture of one of the Covid crabs fromMorse Nursery.
I think are dolgo crabs, bunches and bunches of yellow or bunches and bunches of red is what I think Morse called them. I’m about 5’9” on a tall day so this tree is growing well two years into it’s time here on our property. A5440465-D435-42E2-ABCA-9D1723653244.jpeg

Quoting myself here with an update…we were doing fence and mulch maintenance today and snapped a picture of one of the Covid crabs fromMorse Nursery.
I think are dolgo crabs, bunches and bunches of yellow or bunches and bunches of red is what I think Morse called them. I’m about 5’9” on a tall day so this tree is growing well two years into it’s time here on our property. View attachment 43956

Good growth.

About 15?? + Years ago, I planted bunches red and bunches yellow from Charlie. They grew into Bush type shrubs and most have died out at the edge of zone 4A. Largest apple size was about 3/4 inch. Some are 1/4 inch. I might have 4-5 left out of 20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never used Morse Nursery, but just wanted to let everyone know that Charlie Morse no longer owns the nursery. The new owners have really caught some flack this year about the trees they are shipping, the way they are shipped, and not replying to emails or phone calls when people have problems. You may want to read recent (2022) reviews before buying and realize that things have changed since the nursery was sold.

I ordered some years ago, they never made it. I would say they are geared more for milder climates, but I don't know? I have not even looked at their website in years.

My only experience was a waste of money. Bought their thicket alder shrubs and what I got were 3" trees in 2"x2" seed starter pots. Not one survived.

I split my order with a buddy, so I had 5. I planted 3 on one property and 2 on another. The 3 I planted together are all 4'+ and look healthy. The 2 on the other property were struggling and looked ruff so I pulled the cages I had on them last spring. Rabbits finished them off before I got lesser cages on them. All thigs considered those trees have received almost no care so I'm currently happy overall.

Here are my best hybrid morse pears that I planted spring 2021. These are 5' cages and other than spraying gly ourside of their cages they've received no care. I'm excited to see how they do this year.
Screenshot_20230522-204001_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230522-203952_Gallery.jpg

Ordered 3 grafted pears (hybrid, Kieffer and Seckel), 6 different varieties of apples, and two Morse female grated persimmons. This was last year Fall 2022. Ordered for early September, no shipping notifications. Finally emailed and they were going to ship them spring 2023. First strike. Box came. They sent me a wolf river apple instead of the Whitney crabapple. They said they were sorry but if I wanted the Whitney I would have to send the wolf river back then they would ship the Whitney. I said the hell with it and just planted the wolf river.

The two Morse persimmons are dead but everything else is doing actually good. But they are worthless to deal with.

My other experience was 12 female grafted persimmons (deer candy and deer magnet) not a single one made it. First persimmons I have bought. Their oaks have been good for me.

Just my story but I’m not a fan.