Monster Crabapple

buckvelvet

5 year old buck +
I grafted one up via Scion from CrazyEd. I'm googling it and not finding much on it. Is this a crab discovered one of our properties or perhaps and less talked about nursery?

I think I recall one of the guys had " monster crab " at his place and gave it that name. I don't remember which guy, though. I don't think it's a BONA FIDE variety - just a name given by the one with the tree. I believe the tree owner shared scion with a few others.

I think I recall one of the guys had " monster crab " at his place and gave it that name. I don't remember which guy, though. I don't think it's a BONA FIDE variety - just a name given by the one with the tree. I believe the tree owner shared scion with a few others.

Looks like CrazyEd originally talked about it w/ Jhoss @ QDMA forum back in May 2013 when they had both grafted it, perhaps Jhoss graft was from 2012.

https://www.qdma.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-56254.html

Any pics of it? Why is it called that

This not a named variety as far as I know. Jhoss gave me the scions.

I think the name is what it is because of the monsterous amount of fruit it spews.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I think the name is what it is because of the monsterous amount of fruit it spews.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

So kinda comparable to a Dolgo more/less?