MFR!

Fall's Legend

5 year old buck +
Does a general weed herbicide work on this? What is the best way, if any, to control it. Cattle are not an option. Thanks.

Not familar with the acronym MFL?

Multiflora rose

I edited your title.
I've killed it with heavy gly but I'm sure there are better ways. Hopefully someone that knows for sure will chime in.
Long term I don't think it's going t be a problem like it has been in the past. I'm starting to see signs of Rose rosette disease on my place.

Send some of that my way!

Thanks for the edit!

Fire is also not a good option. This stuff is taking over where I did TSI. I don't know if they are related, but I am observing fewer deer.

Crossbow will kill it dead ASAP, spray them when they aren't dormant and it's lights out.

My brother had a pasture that had a ton of these growing. We mixed a 2 oz per gallon solution of glyphosate and sprayed them. In 2 weeks, TOAST!

I used "Milestone" on a patch of smaller black locust. Sprayed it on topically and within weeks they were all dead. I believe this would also work on MFR. I really hate mutiflora rose as it has some of the nastiest thorns on it. It is really bad to cattle as it tears up their udders.

Thanks all.

I wonder if fewer deer is a symptom of something else. I have the same problem, cut a tree and some MFR will sprout.
Hasn't seemed to deter the deer. But I did have to cut them a trail through one patch. Not a fun job!