Made it to the farm today

No time for turkey hunting? Im sitting this season out for first time in 39 years. Population is so low on my place.

I have a hard enough time getting out of bed for deer and fish :emoji_relaxed:
I usually shoot my Turkey in the fall with the bow. In the afternoon..

Atta boy, thats one sexy tractor bud!! Congrats!
How were the roots on the Persimmons?

My trees were a size smaller than yours but I still needed to dig a big hole.

The tractor was a toy exchange. I sold this last week.
Took me 10 years to build this car. Put a new odometer in it with 0 miles. After 5 years it only had 800 miles on it. I’ll get more use out of the tractor and have some extra $ for boat fuel this summer.

F9C275A0-500E-42C5-A5BC-8B9EE3635577.jpeg

To wet to plant beans this week. I did get some apples, pears and persimmons in.
View attachment 42566
View attachment 42565

Somehow I always like the sound of continued snapping and popping when I leave the timber.

View attachment 42567
View attachment 42568

Other than that I did some general maintenance and had a ,new to me, tractor dropped off. No more sunburn or shivering for me…
And it’s just old enough that no DEF is needed.

View attachment 42570
What are you hoping to accomplish with the hinge cutting?

What are you hoping to accomplish with the hinge cutting?

This is just downhill and off the backside of new small kill plot. Hoping to give the deer somewhere to lay against a thicket while screening our stand access.

If I can get a deer to lay within 100 yards of a stand we’ve got a better chance of sticking him before it gets to dark.

Also I like small thick patches on my place. I’ve never confirmed one of mine has been used but I’ve watched several does in heat over the years. Every last one of them crawled into the thickest mess they could find just to try and hide. If that spot is near a stand there is chance the courting couple will pass by.

Looks like a good time to be there. I am known to make a mess dumping low grade trees to the ground. The next 2 years are THICK! After that they start opening up and becomes a dynamite bedding area and sanctuary.

My trees were a size smaller than yours but I still needed to dig a big hole.

The tractor was a toy exchange. I sold this last week.
Took me 10 years to build this car. Put a new odometer in it with 0 miles. After 5 years it only had 800 miles on it. I’ll get more use out of the tractor and have some extra $ for boat fuel this summer.

View attachment 42575

Going old school ... I like! What did you have under the hood?

I'm headed to NEMO tomorrow for mushrooms, turkey, and crappie!

Holy crap! That must have been impressive to drive.

It drove like a new car of today. 4 wheel disk brakes. no front torsion bars. I replaced them with coil springs over shocks and mustang II rack and pinion steering. 5 speed manual with overdrive. Went down the road 50 mph at idle.

But it was a elephant, still only got about 6 mile to the gallon.

I found my enjoyment came from from building it. Once it was done the thrill was kinda over.

The guy who bought it is 75 years old. He and his grandson came to pick it up. Grandson said he hadn’t seen him so happy In a long time. He always wanted a Hemi convertible.

Lives in the outer banks near the beach. Said he was just going to sit in it a wave to people :emoji_grin:

It drove like a new car of today. 4 wheel disk brakes. no front torsion bars. I replaced them with coil springs over shocks and mustang II rack and pinion steering. 5 speed manual with overdrive. Went down the road 50 mph at idle.

But it was a elephant, still only got about 6 mile to the gallon.

I found my enjoyment came from from building it. Once it was done the thrill was kinda over.
My dad restored a 49 Willies Overland Truck about 20 years ago. He kept it for a while but in the end, like your experience, the build was the enjoyable part.

D2109702-4799-46D2-8311-FA87EEDABBF3.jpeg

Rebuilt a lot of this. Never ever drive it. May be time to sit in some one else’s garage.

Any game camera pics while you’re there?

Thinking turkey hatch is going to be bad this year again. How's your population. Im south of you and first time didn't turkey hunt in 28 years. Down to 6 hens and 3 gobblers in my section.

Thinking turkey hatch is going to be bad this year again. How's your population. Im south of you and first time didn't turkey hunt in 28 years. Down to 6 hens and 3 gobblers in my section.

Their everywhere around here. Didn’t se many poults on this trip though. Just one bunch.