All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for a source of Kerr Crabapple

Freeborn

5 year old buck +
I have been looking for a source of Kerr Crabapple with a rootstock that his hardy for Minnesota. Most of the sources are in Canada which so far are unable to ship to Minnesota. I did find that One Green World has Kerr on M7 but I don't think that is a good roostock for my sandy soils and our cold temps.

If anybody has a source let me know.

Thanks!

I got mine from cummins nursery. Probably to late for next year but they will make them for you for the following year.

I ordered from Cummins like Chummer did. They had 'em on B-118 roots. I don't know if they still have any available, but here's Alan's phone number : 607-592-2801. I'd call right away to check on the Kerr availability.

I have been looking at Cummins for some time and they have not shown them available. Thanks for the # as I did call Alan and left him a message to call me if they have some aqvailable.

No prob. on the #. Like Chummer said - they will graft for you if you let them know early.

I received two from cummins in 2013. No scion available, yet on my trees.

Last edited:
Kerr is a real tasty apple. I will have some scions available.

My 3rd leaf b.118 produced a 1/2 dozen apples this year and boy they were good. I'm glad I have a few grafts growing in my garden that I made this past spring.
image20140928080920616.jpg

Ed, PM sent!

Those are some good looking apples Ed. I had a couple of my Kerr put on 5-6' of growth this year (1st leaf). I am hoping to get a couple apples next year.

I have a Kerr also and its still holding apples lol. I can supply some scionwood for Kerr as well

Where in the heck have you been Aero??? Long time no hear ! Glad to hear about your Kerr holding some apples yet. I have 2 coming this spring. They sound like a really good one. I'll keep checking for other sources for Kerr.

Been busy enjoying retirement and hunting with no success but great times. I have been giving my wife some time lately to keep the peace also and now that it's getting near grafting time I am psyched and ready to roll once I decide on a rootstock

Been busy enjoying retirement and hunting with no success but great times. I have been giving my wife some time lately to keep the peace also and now that it's getting near grafting time I am psyched and ready to roll once I decide on a rootstock

What is there to decide on. You should probably just order 500 of each.

Good to see you back on the board Paul.

Good idea Ed but I divided by 10 and will get 50. Looking for mostly cider varieties and some unusual vintage apples. Thanks Grey good to be back and getting more info from all you smart dudes