Locust?

Catscratch

5 year old buck +
Recently finding out that my Osage Orange trees can be grafted as rootstock for Mulberry and Che trees got me thinking; is there anything I can do with my invasive Locust trees? Anyone know of grafting or anything to help turn something (locust) that I fight all the time into something I want?

Recently finding out that my Osage Orange trees can be grafted as rootstock for Mulberry and Che trees got me thinking; is there anything I can do with my invasive Locust trees? Anyone know of grafting or anything to help turn something (locust) that I Ufight all the time into something I want?

You could fortify the perimeter of your new house if you were a prepper. But you dont strike me as that kind of guy!:D Other than deer like to eat the pods they serve no other good purpose that I can see.

You could fortify the perimeter of your new house if you were a prepper. But you dont strike me as that kind of guy!:D Other than deer like to eat the pods they serve no other good purpose that I can see.

lol... Not much of a prepper. Deer food isn't a good enough reason to keep them around as they are a constant battle. I was hoping they could be grafted into something a little more desirable and a lot less invasive.

When you figure this one out I want to know about it.

They do make good stand trees though. The deer would never expect a human up one.

Would need to look at what they are kin too and see if there is anything worthwhile to mess with.

When you figure this one out I want to know about it.

They do make good stand trees though. The deer would never expect a human up one.

There's a good reason a deer wouldn't expect a hunter in a locust! Even they know it would be a death wish to climb one of those.

I constantly wage war against them myself. I would never intentionally leave one living for any reason that I can think of.

I'm finding nothing. Other than deer like the pods they don't seem to able to be made useful. I guess I should be happy to find out about the hedge trees and not ask for to much.

There's a good reason a deer wouldn't expect a hunter in a locust! Even they know it would be a death wish to climb one of those.

Ha ha. I have a hang on in one from a few years back. It will fall out when the tree falls or if the rachet breaks and it comes loose. I'll never go back up there for it.

Don't know what I was thinking other than it was in a good spot.

Locust makes good firewood and fence posts. One of the highest BTU woods and are also resistant to rot. Not worth letting them grow in my opinion.