Locations

foggy

5 year old buck +
I sure wish there was a means to add a location under the names of the members here. It's really hard to remember where folks are from (I cannot remember two numbers let alone all the areas folks are from). Oftentimes folks talk about weather or crop areas that may or may not be related to my area.

Really a great site John....but I hope there is some way to add that feature? Also USDA zone info would be nice. One can hope. :D

You have it added, and so do I.

:) LOL, it happens to the best of us.

We all have that option to put this info in. We have to enter this information in our profile page. It will show on our signature line, not under our names. So far every reply to this post I can tell where you are from and what zone you are in. Foggy you didn't get to close and sniff some of that bug bomb did you. :eek:

Last edited:
OK.....yep its there for SOME of us. But it would be nice if it was required and more prominent type under the name. I was reading a few posts where it would have been nice to get a location on the posters.

OK.....yep its there for SOME of us. But it would be nice if it was required and more prominent type under the name. I was reading a few posts where it would have been nice to get a location on the posters.
Agreed it would be nice if everyone has it.

image.jpg I live just out side of St. Louis and hunt the red pins

Thanks for the reminder. I just changed mine. Here's a thought... Is there a way to change your handle without starting a new profile? Example: *Hawaii5joe* Mille Lacs County all on the same line. Keep your same handle, just add a space and type where you are located????

Thanks for the reminder. I just changed mine. Here's a thought... Is there a way to change your handle without starting a new profile? Example: *Hawaii5joe* Mille Lacs County all on the same line. Keep your same handle, just add a space and type where you are located????
best way to let others know where you are from is to add it to your signature line in your profile

I sure wish there was a means to add a location under the names of the members here. It's really hard to remember where folks are from (I cannot remember two numbers let alone all the areas folks are from). Oftentimes folks talk about weather or crop areas that may or may not be related to my area.

Really a great site John....but I hope there is some way to add that feature? Also USDA zone info would be nice. One can hope. :D
I think this might be what you are looking for foggy? Pasted from the Xenforo support forum.

How do I add more elements to the message user block under the avatar in posts? This can be done in the ACP -> Styles -> Style Properties -> Message Elements

Maybe John can find the time to look into this when things slow down a bit.

There you go Foggy I added mine to my signature line!:)

I have mine on my profile page, so I guess if someone wanted to know they would have to look there. In the signature line works, as does the profile page, but ideally the avatar area would be the best place. Hopefully in the future, John can find a way to have it there.

Test Test

I like this approach.

On sites where you can put unlimited info at the bottom of the posts, the poster's message gets lost in all of the billboard junk.

After this last winter, we might be back to 3B.