Live from the cell cam thread

bueller

A place to drop pics for those of us that don't get a lot of time in the stand but keep a watchful eye on things through cell cams....

Hope the pattern holds until Saturday
Screenshot_20231101-101030.png

The bucks are starting to show up where the does hang out here in NW Missouri...I may have to change my plans for this weekend.

Image 11-1-23 at 5.09 PM.jpeg
1698876294465.pngImage 11-1-23 at 5.11 PM.jpeg
Image 11-1-23 at 5.14 PM.jpeg

Last edited:
Should've taken a couple days off this week
Screenshot_20231101-200957.png

I know it's risky to hunt food in the morning but he keeps coming through looking for a lady
Screenshot_20231102-112406.png

Should've taken a couple days off this week
View attachment 59131

I took Wednesday morning off and will be taking
c2b54c2d442c11be4dbf9ca96910208f.jpg

Friday off. Of course what rolls through on Thursday when I’m at work is a 4 y/o potential target buck.
874345df5115a89b862078e9a0f4e41a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took Wednesday morning off and will be taking
c2b54c2d442c11be4dbf9ca96910208f.jpg

Friday off. Of course what rolls through on Thursday when I’m at work is a 4 y/o potential target buck.
874345df5115a89b862078e9a0f4e41a.jpg

Good luck with him or another one. I really need to start taking more time off in early November and less during our gun season later in the month.

This amount of daylight activity so early is not typical for us. Usually the 4th-7th is best with the week following also good.
Screenshot_20231102-202107.png

We had a big front move in last week. Lots of rain and some snow. Ever since that front past activity has really ramped up.

This amount of daylight activity so early is not typical for us. Usually the 4th-7th is best with the week following also good.
View attachment 59162
The weather has been perfect this week though. They’ve been moving for sure.

What would you all do in this scenario? Again early this morning good buck right in front of tree stand on food plot. This makes 5-6 days in a row. I'm hunting tomorrow. Of all the stands on my property his movements have only put him at this one. I know going in early is ill advised due to the likelihood of bumping him and/or the doe in the area. But the likelihood of even seeing him elsewhere is way way lower. Go in real early? Wait to daylight and still hunt in? Avoid the temptation and give it a go elsewhere? We do not have a ton of deer in my area and often times a yearling is the largest buck I get a stab at each year.

Be on stand an hour before shooting light and kill him!

What would you all do in this scenario? Again early this morning good buck right in front of tree stand on food plot. This makes 5-6 days in a row. I'm hunting tomorrow. Of all the stands on my property his movements have only put him at this one. I know going in early is ill advised due to the likelihood of bumping him and/or the doe in the area. But the likelihood of even seeing him elsewhere is way way lower. Go in real early? Wait to daylight and still hunt in? Avoid the temptation and give it a go elsewhere? We do not have a ton of deer in my area and often times a yearling is the largest buck I get a stab at each year.
I know a guy in this same scenario........who much like you had patterned his buck......and he got into his blind at 3 AM to kill his "buck of a lifetime" at first light.

Similar situation many years back and I got in the tree @ 3 AM. He followed a doe in around 3:30. Had him and the doe at 20-30 yards just after legal shooting light through almost 11:30. I enjoyed it so much that I never pulled the trigger.

Nice 9-point from last night.

A decent buck showed up 20 minutes into shooting light. I may go out in the morning with the bow, as this is second day he has showed up. This is the second year on camera. G1s are the same, but the G2s are longer. I guess him to be a nice NW Missouri 3 1/2 year old.

Image 11-3-23 at 4.38 PM.jpegScreenshot 2023-11-03 at 4.33.43 PM.png