Layout help

Skelly

5 year old buck +
So I just started my land tour on the other thread but wanted to come over here and get some advice on laying out my land.

Quick over view.
Zone 7A
15 acres of over grown canopy.
Limited resources currently meaning I do it myself and I do not have a tractor. I keep going back and forth on a 4 wheeler should be adequate but I’d rather keep saving for a tractor.
Hardwoods with oak maple tulip poplar gum
Understory that I am releasing has elderberry beautyberry spice bush strawberry bush hazelnut. I am planting ninebark plums red osier yellowtwig and other low growing bushes.

5BFF4AF1-73E7-45BE-8614-EA7373CE35BC.png
This is how it sits today.
Red is border with access trails (light blue) all the way around
Black is current stand locations where I play the wind but still get busted occasionally.
Green is a food plot with an orchard on the top portion in orange
Yellow is trails
Blue is creek running through and additional creek on northen line.

My property is thick but not super thick majority of the time I can see 25-35 yards but not a whole lot more then that.

80A687FF-5B62-435A-8DB1-2CD4DC1052B1.png
So I was thinking something like this.

Red is persimmon tree planting on the right side of plot and chestnut planting on left
Light green is food plot probably only 10-15 yards wide.
Blue area would be hinged area with new pine, shrub, and plum plantings for thick bedding area.

This is not heavy deer pupulation area. I have 50/50 doe to buck ratio based on trail cameras.
I may 7-10 bucks throughout the year but not consistently.

My house is located just below the 15. I have about 11 in the back and 4 for sides and front.

Any thought or comments would be greatly appreciated.

I have 36 acres and don’t have any layout advice since I’m pretty new to this too and still learning. Smaller, micro properties like ours are unique sometimes. My comment is equipment related. I have an ATV, a DR walk behind brush mower, a chainsaw and a silky zubat as my primary tools. I also have an ATV disc and an ATV cultipacker. The disc behind the ATV is a lot of work and really hard on the machine. If I had one do over, and the extra funds, I’d buy all the same stuff but I’d buy a compact tractor instead of the ATV. I’ve learned they really are two different needs. The ATV is great doing ATV stuff but my neighbor and his Sub compact BX Kunitz outwork my ATV when it comes to tractor stuff. Ideally you could have both the ATV and the tractor but if I could only have one, and knowing what I know now, I’d rather have the tractor.

I have 36 acres and don’t have any layout advice since I’m pretty new to this too and still learning. Smaller, micro properties like ours are unique sometimes. My comment is equipment related. I have an ATV, a DR walk behind brush mower, a chainsaw and a silky zubat as my primary tools. I also have an ATV disc and an ATV cultipacker. The disc behind the ATV is a lot of work and really hard on the machine. If I had one do over, and the extra funds, I’d buy all the same stuff but I’d buy a compact tractor instead of the ATV. I’ve learned they really are two different needs. The ATV is great doing ATV stuff but my neighbor and his Sub compact BX Kunitz outwork my ATV when it comes to tractor stuff. Ideally you could have both the ATV and the tractor but if I could only have one, and knowing what I know now, I’d rather have the tractor.
Me too that’s why I’m saving. I could buy a 4 wheeler now but I have have work that needs a tractor. I’d rather wait a few more months to get what I want.