Last mow for the season.

That’s looking sharp there fella.
Thanks. That is clover that I set back and drilled brassicas into this summer on the right. Clover with some alfalfa where I am mowing in the pic and more clover to the left.

Since everyone is so gunho on Ryan’s trees today, there is a row of Blue Hill November Nectar, Malus, Rifle, Denville Keiffer, etc on the left of the field and about 20+ other trees including Franklins in the row at the end of the pic.

You must not have had the drought were in this year. My brassica plots are a bust and my clover is only so so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very cool! What is your mix in that field?
That spot has some alfalfa. Over the past two years I seeded then overseeded several different varieties. Aberlasting, Jumbo Ladino, Alice, Kopu II, etc.

You got more bucks than doe’s. I always see it the other way. I’d rather it the way you got it.

You got more bucks than doe’s. I always see it the other way. I’d rather it the way you got it.
Yes, my buck to do ratio is extraordinarily high. That is especially true considering that the exact opposite is true only a few miles away. One of the neighboring properties has an earn a buck rule in place for every season and we have about a half dozen different seasons. So, I suspect a large numbers of those hunters either shoot no doe and therefore no buck, or shoot a doe and never get a buck thereby dramatically improving the buck to do ratio.