All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Landowner and hunter survey reports are online now

biglakeba$$

5 year old buck +
http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/mammals/deer/mgmt.html

Go to the Resources and Links tab. The 5 sub group survey results are all there.

Takes a while to try and understand what all the tables mean, but in the end, the hunters have spoken very clearly in all areas.

very intersting, the two I looked at both hunters and landowners want more deer, and most of the responses on crop damage were in the minor catagory

Very clear, thanks for the post.

If you want to-get the informatin the DNR will publish as gospel, make the questioner to get the answers they want. Did you see adequate numbers of deer in 2012? Could be asked, did you see adequate numbers of deer while you were hunting this season.

I dont think any of the answers they got is what they wanted in this case.... its cut and dry. People are not happy one bit.

I am pretty happy that they released this info now.... They could have strategically waited until after the stakeholders meetings.

This info can be used as discussion points in the stakeholders meetings now. One thing that has been missing for a while is a formal survey of hunters thoughts.... Well, the DNR just slit their own throats a little more by letting people have this to add to the ammo box.

Not to mention, Brooks now has this in his pocket for his testimony with Senator Hackbarth.

The landowner survey that I contributed to had the U of Mn. involved. Perhaps there was a less DNR influence in this way.

There was room for comments and I made good use of it!

This is the U of M survey.

Hunter satisfaction with deer numbers has gone from 66% to 19% in the last 10 years in the areas I will be representing. Purple Floyd can bite my butt.

Man if we had a post of the year, I'd nominate this one. Thanks for getting it up there BLB. This will be a great tool for discussion in the spring when I get to work on my outreach for the coop. I am going to print this and give it to each of my neighbors when I see them. It'll help drive home the point that we're all feeling it.

I cant take credit for this.... I got an email today from another person that sent this to me.....

I just wanted to be sure the data was seen by all ASAP!

PS I did invite that individual to join the forum today as well....

SD that site is AWESOME!
It's a work in progress. I don't have any members yet, but I am trying to build it out to where it's got enough content to help drive the message locally and to hopefully be a model others can utilize to begin to organize their own coop. The real work will be done off the tailgate over keystone light discussing these issues person by person and gaining commitment to help take ownership over our local outcomes.

That is splendid SD......

Skoog Skoogman...I love it! Nice work by the way!

SD, that is a fantastic model for others to follow. Great job!!

I'd think it would be pretty hard for the DNR to spin this report to make them look good. THE BIG PROBLEM is they do not hear the deer hunters and the MDHA has little effect on the department. If they do hear....they don't ACT. WE NEED THIS AUDIT to get some accountability of the DNR.

It's a work in progress. I don't have any members yet, but I am trying to build it out to where it's got enough content to help drive the message locally and to hopefully be a model others can utilize to begin to organize their own coop. The real work will be done off the tailgate over keystone light discussing these issues person by person and gaining commitment to help take ownership over our local outcomes.
So what does it take to be a member?

Hopefully not Keystone light.

Great job.

I'd think it would be pretty hard for the DNR to spin this report to make them look good. THE BIG PROBLEM is they do not hear the deer hunters and the MDHA has little effect on the department. If they do hear....they don't ACT. WE NEED THIS AUDIT to get some accountability of the DNR.

The levels of satisfaction with deer seen in parts of East central MN pose a good argument for a hunter led doe tag approval process. How hunter satisfaction can slide from 66% to 15% in 9 years is simply crazy. No way it should have happened.

You really don't want any members do you? Isch!:eek:
We could take a coop vote after the first year to select an official coop beer. If I have any sway, no Bud products will be considered other than Busch Light. I will nominate Blatz Light as my first choice and flip to Keystone in the second ballot.