Keep This Place Positive

Bowsnbucks

5 year old buck +
Personally - I love this forum John started because 99.9% of the guys on here are honestly trying to share knowledge, experience, or soak up some from others on here. I'm familiar with the old place - I used to lurk & read there quite a bit before I actually posted. When I saw a lot of the good guys left and came here, I followed. I have been impressed with the positive banter here. I hope the migration of a couple ego - argumentative - types won't lead to the corrosion of what has been a beneficial and cool site to be a part of and reader of. Why let old piss and pus spoil ANOTHER PLACE ???

I'm not trying to diminish crap you guys went thru. Not at all. Make THEM ...... Irrelevant. Flush - forget. Onward & upward. We all have better things to do & accomplish.

You have no idea what was just started when one guy made 3 posts..............It ain't that easy as just to forget the way a lot of us were treated!

That is why the Misfits will fight to protect misfit Island!;)

I gotta say that a combination of EVENTS HAPPENED to alienate some of the folks here from the dark-side's site. Most of the time we have refrained from talking about those times.....and until now we did not have much discussion of personalities (save a few occasions).

I think we all need to be reminded to take the high road as much as possible. Still.....I think many of us would still be involved at the dark side.....if there had been some support been shown for MDDI or some respect extended toward a few members here. The good-old boys club runs pretty deep on the dark side.....and they have a way of protecting one another.....as do we here at times.

I'd like to keep personalities out of our discussions as much as possible.......but I have dragged a few names thru the mud on occasions too....just as mine has been on the other site....with no ability to respond to those posts. Still......I did not innitate my own name being used in the thread that brought about this one. More than a few of us like a little drama in our day and will say or do a few things to incite it.

A drama free site is not real possible when we get so passionate about our hobby and in some cases our livelihood. Moderation is the key to lots of things in life. :)

OH.....and I don't feel like a "mis-fit" at all. Many of us have a cause we believe in and took exception to the treatment at the other site and by that parent organization. There are lots of disagreements about stuff like this. Happens all the time. Also, respect for one another is a two-way street. We do have to respect one another's viewpoints.....even when the dumb bunnies are wrong. ;)

Last edited:
As I said in the first post above, my intention is not to diminish or trivialize the crap you guys went thru. I wasn't there physically to go to meetings and write letters, e-mails, etc. like you fellas were.

I guess what I see no value in is re-hashing the stuff that only gets you guys pissed off again, and re-opens old wounds. Why waste the time? The energy? Why give relevance or attention to the folks that pulled the crap on a number of you? As long as " they " are in the conversation, " they " have a voice - a presence. Eliminate THEM. Make them IRRELEVANT - by not even bringing them or how they acted into a conversation. The ultimate win for you Minn. guys would be to keep working on what some of you have started - ( your own local co-ops / agreements ) to better your herds and REAL QDM. If the " A " is a hindrance and not a help........ They are of NO USE. For all those who did / said the wrong, crappy things - make them IRRELEVANT. The more those people are mentioned, the more they gain " legs ".

I'd hate to see a FEW ruin the day - or this forum - for the rest of us here. It's been too good of a place.

I do feel we should refrain from attacks on other members of the forum, just to make John's job easier.

I suspect the MDDI thread will continue to have plenty of complaining. That is OK by me.

Reactions: EOB
i'll try not to incite Foggy's Rant anymore...lol....i cant help it sometimes...it always brought a chuckle to my day!

i'll try not to incite Foggy's Rant anymore...lol....i cant help it sometimes...it always brought a chuckle to my day!
Foggy can find his way to Arizona but can't even find a QDMA branch in own town.

Sorry this never gets old.

Foggy can find his way to Arizona but can't even find a QDMA branch in own town.

see....its not just me!

Foggy gets lost on the trails on his land. He even has to post road signs on them. He says it is for the kids to find their way. I ain't so sure.

All's good to me. My intent isn't to silence or reduce the legitimate gripes you guys have. Not at all. Just don't want to see the wrong people driving the conversation / polluting what's been a great site / or ruining the day for a bunch of the " regular " guys on here. Don't want to see spikes in anyone's blood pressure !! MDDI thread is for your push to get things going in Minn. and that may take some griping. That's a DIFFERENT kind of griping !! Constructive - not DE structive. I'm no site cop - just hoping to keep the focus on habitat and positive stuff. I'd hate to see the appearance of 1,2, or 3 people ruin the site for everyone else. I'm done yapping !!!:)

I bet the map of Foggy's place is covered in dots!

Ok - I'll stop too.

I bet the map of Foggy's place is covered in dots!

Ok - I'll stop too.
The dots are from raindrops. Too many raindances.

Where is foggy to defend himself? Probably on the golf course while we sit here with below zero temps.

Foggy is out on the patio with a little fire just to knock the chill out of the air with a cold drink in his hand - I hate him!

I am having a manhattan to warm up. High of 6 today!

A manhattan is a good way to keep things positive !! ^^^^^ Atta-boy Chummer !! Drastic temperatures require sensible measures......... or measures and a half.............