Keener vs Arkansas Black vs ?

Jordan Selsor

5 year old buck +
How does keener compare to AB as far as drop time an keeping qualities? Some things I read describe it as later dropping than AB others describe an Oct ripening apple.
I know it’s tough to beat AB as far as keeping qualities. Have read it’s one hard Apple! How is Keeners disease resistance?
would AB planted among keener, an 1 dolgo get sufficient pollination?
Obviously I will plant both keener an AB but just seeing what will be best to plant more of for a late season pile of keeping apples:) Plan is to utilize (kiefer, housi, an Olympic) pears for early an mid season soft mast. As always Appreciate the feedback from the guys that been in this game for awhile!!!! Thanks in advance!

How does keener compare to AB as far as drop time an keeping qualities? Some things I read describe it as later dropping than AB others describe an Oct ripening apple.
I know it’s tough to beat AB as far as keeping qualities. Have read it’s one hard Apple! How is Keeners disease resistance?
would AB planted among keener, an 1 dolgo get sufficient pollination?
Obviously I will plant both keener an AB but just seeing what will be best to plant more of for a late season pile of keeping apples:) Plan is to utilize (kiefer, housi, an Olympic) pears for early an mid season soft mast. As always Appreciate the feedback from the guys that been in this game for awhile!!!! Thanks in advance!
For late drop take a look at enterprise it is an awesome apple Hangs late is disease resistant and the deer seem to love it. I have AB in same orchard and both still hanging. Decent buck between 2 Enterprise this past Sunday. Now.don’t tell me they don’t know what day of the week it is here in Pennsylvania there is no Sunday hunting ha ha 2C53157F-3BC3-43B8-9250-91D81D9824BF.jpeg

For late drop take a look at enterprise it is an awesome apple Hangs late is disease resistant and the deer seem to love it. I have AB in same orchard and both still hanging. Decent buck between 2 Enterprise this past Sunday. Now.don’t tell me they don’t know what day of the week it is here in Pennsylvania there is no Sunday hunting ha ha View attachment 27097
Thanks aero
Added 2 to my order from Chris;) One on b118 an one mm111. Figured that be a great lil experiment to see which rootstock performs best on my heavy clay soil!
I have an enterprise at home that should produce this yr. It’s growing beautifully! Like it knows how to grow a perfect crotch angle

Thanks aero
Added 2 to my order from Chris;) One on b118 an one mm111. Figured that be a great lil experiment to see which rootstock performs best on my heavy clay soil!
I have an enterprise at home that should produce this yr. It’s growing beautifully! Like it knows how to grow a perfect crotch angle
Mine are Antonovka but I grafted 2 this year to b118 and they took perfectly I am planting them in a food plot where they will be the only trees there hoping the wild apple trees will Pollinate them

Been waiting patiently on Richards feedback on this one! Lol

Been waiting patiently on Richards feedback on this one! Lol
Hey Jordan, something (probably coon) stole all my Keener Seedling apples last week. :emoji_rage::emoji_cry:. And I picked the only Arkansas Black apple I got this year and put it in the back of the fridge for tasting in a couple of months. :emoji_slight_smile: Aero's picture makes a strong case for Enterprise. And here's a picture of my old wild Sinkhole apple taken this morning.
Sinkhole.jpg

Hey Jordan, something (probably coon) stole all my Keener Seedling apples last week. :emoji_rage::emoji_cry:. And I picked the only Arkansas Black apple I got this year and put it in the back of the fridge for tasting in a couple of months. :emoji_slight_smile: Aero's picture makes a strong case for Enterprise. And here's a picture of my old wild Sinkhole apple taken this morning.
Sinkhole.jpg
Thanks Richard! Dang coons! my new farm is loaded with them!
That old sink hole Apple is loaded! Pretty cool! They edible are pretty tart?

Response from David at century farms. Interesting
8B6F2ED2-F88E-4069-80CD-C1E9B333B184.png

His response in ref to DR
3E64C4FC-8B37-4902-8D83-1801F31CECA0.png

I ordered Keener Seedling, Arkansas Black, Yates, Enterprise, Old Fashioned Limbertwig and Liberty from David. I would up with Old Fashioned Winesap which is comparable to Limbertwig in many ways with respect to Limbertwig. I just planted them so I can’t help out much more unfortunately.