Just recieved our deer age report

Bill

Administrator
I just got the results back from deerage.

4 of the bucks killed were 4.5 years old :), 1 was 3.5

Thats a big dent in good age deer. But if I skew Steve B's logic in my favor, there should be a lot of stress free area for nice big fat mature buck to find a home.

That's great Bill! You should be ecstatic! Your 2015 season was one to remember!

Very impressive Bill.

Bill, that's awesome. Congrats again.

Which deer was 3.5 years old?

Wow. That's great Bill. I don't think I've seen a 4.5 year old deer in 25 years of hunting in Massachusetts.

Bill, that's awesome. Congrats again.

Which deer was 3.5 years old?

The one I shot. Was bummed by that. Then I had to consider I'm lucky to be in area that allows so many to get this old. I was happy when I walked up to him and I'm still happy with him.

Wow. That's great Bill. I don't think I've seen a 4.5 year old deer in 25 years of hunting in Massachusetts.

I hear you. Coming from the north east myself, I know how lucky I am to have the ability to play this game in the Midwest.

I just got the results back from deerage.

4 of the bucks killed were 4.5 years old :), 1 was 3.5

Thats a big dent in good age deer. But if I skew Steve B's logic in my favor, there should be a lot of stress free area for nice big fat mature buck to find a home.

WOW, Bill, that is even better than I thought you'd do on that ground and I REALLY like your place. Awesome year, grats bud!!!!

Congrats Bill! That's a real accomplishment, hard work paying off.

Wow! That is awesome Bill.

VERY NICE AGE GROUP. CONGRATS

Nice work, I swore I read somewhere the bottom jaw is mare accurate than cementum for 4 and lower. I'm really confident in my jawbone collection. To me, it starts getting diffecult at 6. I have seen a ton of 6 plus but those are almost always does. Otherwise teeth wear seems pretty consistent for the age groups.

Thanks guys,

I know we got lucky this year. Usually we a get good one or two. This was just a freak year.

More Intel. One of my 700 acre direct neighbors that usually gets hunted lightly, leased to an outfitter. I learned they were running guys through every week starting mid Sept. We showed up on 10/31 and hunted smart for deer they drove right to our nice quiet farm. I'm sure that accounted for two of them based on kill sites.

Thanks neighbor :)

Nice work, I swore I read somewhere the bottom jaw is mare accurate than cementum for 4 and lower. I'm really confident in my jawbone collection. To me, it starts getting diffecult at 6. I have seen a ton of 6 plus but those are almost always does. Otherwise teeth wear seems pretty consistent for the age groups.

I tried to learn that but just couldn't seem to get the knack for it. So far deerage has been accurate on my guesses based on Nov body characteristics.

Though, this year I guessed 3.5 on 3 out of 5.

One in the past, I know for sure was 5.5 based on history they nailed.

Guess you can never be sure but I'll take their word for it and be happy.

Thanks guys,

I know we got lucky this year. Usually we a get good one or two. This was just a freak year.

More Intel. One of my 700 acre direct neighbors that usually gets hunted lightly, leased to an outfitter. I learned they were running guys through every week starting mid Sept. We showed up on 10/31 and hunted smart for deer they drove right to our nice quiet farm. I'm sure that accounted for two of them based on kill sites.

Thanks neighbor :)

What state are you in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What state are you in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Northern Missouri.

Reactions: kl9
I'm sure you have, they just didn't have antlers! ;)

Funny. That's true. I did shoot a 5.5 year old doe once. As for bucks, Mass. is a "brown and it's down state." Young antlered bucks rarely make it through their first fall.

Congrats on the great age structure. My condolences on having an outfitter move in next door.

Funny. That's true. I did shoot a 5.5 year old doe once. As for bucks, Mass. is a "brown and it's down state." Young antlered bucks rarely make it through their first fall.
I knew what you meant, I was just being a goof. I could count the number of 4.5 plus bucks I had seen on one hand easily before APR's were instituted (but the number has gone WAY up since then), so I know where you're coming from. You're doing the right things, so anything can happen! I think the first 4.5 that I ever saw live was when I shot it, and I hope that is your experience, as well.