Japanese beetles...

Davewp

5 year old buck +
Anybody using diatomaceous earth around their fruit trees to help control Japanese Beetles? If so, have you noticed difference in controling beetles?

Nope. Since my trees are young and I'm not harvesting apples, I spray with permethrin. Sevin also works and is approved for fruit trees but I find permethrin last longer between applications. When I begin harvesting apples, I'll switch to Sevin.

Thanks,

jack

Nope. Since my trees are young and I'm not harvesting apples, I spray with permethrin. Sevin also works and is approved for fruit trees but I find permethrin last longer between applications. When I begin harvesting apples, I'll switch to Sevin.

Thanks,

jack
How many ounces of permethrin per gallon do you use for your spray mix?

How many ounces of permethrin per gallon do you use for your spray mix?

I can't recall of the top of my head. I purchased the permethrin from Keystone. I followed the labeled directions for ornamental trees. It is not labeled for fruit trees because of potential issues with human consumption. So, don't use this on fruit trees if you are going to eat the fruit. I find it very effective against Japanese Beetles.

Thanks,

Jack

to my recollection, as far as permethrin, there is a water base, for human consumption / fruit trees and edibles. and there is a oil base for a more permenant saturation that last a lot longer. I'd check label.

I use Sevin for our camp trees for Japs. ( and other bugs ).