Jap beetles yet?

Nova

5 year old buck +
I have been keeping a close eye out for them but haven't seen them yet. 4 weeks ago I was at fleet and they had Grub X 50% off so I grabbed 2 bags and hit all the short grass hard. My gopher problem went away in 2 days so maybe I killed all the larva.

I had a few around the house in MD a couple of weeks ago and was getting some damage. I sprayed the rose bushes and chestnut seedling I have yet to plant. I haven't really seen them since. They don't seem to be to bad this year/yet...

Saw a few July 7. Perhaps the -30 winter knocked the population back a bit, or it is still early? With the soybeans being planted late, not as much for them to eat yet. I get alot of Jap beetles on the beans when they are two ft tall, but now they are only 6".

Just started seeing a few in the past few days.

There are here in central Illinois with full force. Apple and plum trees getting hit pretty hard. Even started on some of my chestnuts.

My willows got hit in the last week in PA. Sevin to the rescue.

Sprayed Sevin in force today; they are munching the heck out of chestnut tree new growth. Also on new growth of white oak trees

They showed up yesterday for me, it was raining last night or the Sevin would have been deployed. Weather cooperates tonight we are going to kill some beetles.

They always hit my young birch trees first, then move to the plums, then apples and oaks last.

They are thick in Central IN.

Haven’t seen them yet at my property in west central WI. Will use Sevin when they arrive.

They've been here in NE Kansas a couple weeks and should be done soon. I have two of the Bonide beetle bagger traps and have to dump them both every day, as the bags are full. Crazy the amount of damage they can do to a tree in one day. All the nectarines were ruined in one day when they first showed up. I spray permethrin on grapes, raspberries, apple, peach and cherries mostly and it keeps them at bay.

My chickens tend to take care of them, plus I get fresh eggs everyday :emoji_slight_smile:

Anyone purchasing Sevin SL (2.5 gal) for Japanese beetle control? If yes, who do you purchase from?
Thank you!

The best place, cost wise, I have found for good old fashioned :emoji_relaxed: Carbaryl, same active ingredient as Sevin, is Martins Produce Supply they have website.

The best place, cost wise, I have found for good old fashioned :emoji_relaxed: Carbaryl, same active ingredient as Sevin, is Martins Produce Supply they have website.

Many thanks TC for the info! Much appreciated! Wondering how many ounces to use per gallon?

Thanks!

We had a swarm show up this morning

They are in full force around Madison this weekend

Hitting my paw paws now!! Leaving mulberry alone though.

Weren’t too bad here yet this year. Had a small wave a few weeks back

They hit here a week or two ago but not too bad, nothing like last year. Cold late wet spring and delayed soybean planting must have slowed them down, seems like we are seeing tail end of them here now.