Iowa 120 acres

My forester reports the same. Winter is the depredation issue in MN. Iowa did a study that reported .1% corn depredation by deer.
Much of Iowa has no crop loss, the prime counties of WC/NW and Northern counties have few deer except near river bottoms.

It's more of an issue in Southern Iowa/NE
Far West

All that Ag and your woods right smack in the middle of it. SWEET

Very Nice Deer! I would love to buy some land in Iowa.

What kind of money down would someone have to have to make a property like yours cash flow? Hell, I'd love to have 20 acres of woods in that area and the rest could be farm field.

Very Nice Deer! I would love to buy some land in Iowa.

What kind of money down would someone have to have to make a property like yours cash flow? Hell, I'd love to have 20 acres of woods in that area and the rest could be farm field.

$50,000

I could line one up for you
Good cash flow and hunting

What do you see when you walk this property? I mean, that many deer how do they all fit in there and how do the bucks bed and where. There has to be deer on every acre! It would be really interesting to see how it all works and how they use the property stacked in there like that.

What do you see when you walk this property? I mean, that many deer how do they all fit in there and how do the bucks bed and where. There has to be deer on every acre! It would be really interesting to see how it all works and how they use the property stacked in there like that.

Most of the deer are in my sanctuary area which is at least 35/40 acres. It's thick almost impenetrable. The rest of the farm is more open timber and crop with some draws and tree lines.

Heavy trails and tons of rubs.

We parked our fish house in the building site in SE corner. As we pulled in we kicked up five does and fawns and they hung around us all weekend.

We didn't shoot at them figured they deserve their little honey hole behind the shed.

Never happen in MN those deer would have been long gone after we pulled in.

I can't explain some of the difference in deer behavior??

I feel the differences are pressure and what the surviving does teach their fawns.

THIS would be an awesome five minute MDDI Video.......to compare this property to a similar habitat in MN (Sandbur's place?) Hard to under stand why MN folks have what we do. Shamefull.

THIS would be an awesome five minute MDDI Video.......to compare this property to a similar habitat in MN (Sandbur's place?) Hard to under stand why MN folks have what we do. Shamefull.

I know it's sad really

Move Sandburs habitat/farm to that area and he would have 12-15 bucks and 25 does and fawns minimum living on the farm. No doubt in my mind!

If nothing else....a comparison video would be good to shove under the noses of MDHA Officers and clubs.....as well as the DNR. I really gotta wonder if folks KNOW how badly MN is missing the mark???

............it would not cost much to produce a video and post it up on YouTube. Maybe MDDI could open more eyes and gain some traction?

As I was reading this and hearing all of the comments about how great it was to have an island of habitat surrounded by ag, I was thinking of the same comparison.

The video would be OK with me, as long as my specific location and name were not used. I would need to think about this a bit. We are stealing Bwoods thread, but let's expand on the idea or switch it to another thread if Bwood wishes.

As I was reading this and hearing all of the comments about how great it was to have an island of habitat surrounded by ag, I was thinking of the same comparison.

The video would be OK with me, as long as my specific location and name were not used. I would need to think about this a bit. We are stealing Bwoods thread, but let's expand on the idea or switch it to another thread if Bwood wishes.

Doesn't bother me

MoBuck chaser has plenty of deer too and big ones. could find a farm like this in Wisconsin too.

I'd love to take some guys down there for a tour.... Then maybe hit Mo's farm which is about an hour-15 south??

Correct?

Would be one heck of a road trip. It's a different world.

Very few in MN even give a shit...they'll say "that's IA" or "that's MO" or "that's wherever"....Minnesotans have come to accept "good enough" and when they're pushed to excel they'll say "we can't do that"...for a multitude of reasons. Just how it is...sad.

So.....after we talk about this chit for month after month.....and an idea comes along that MIGHT do some good......are you suggesting that we just roll-over and QUIT. More often lately that is the message I hear......and I don't like that answer too well.

I agree there has been LOTS of apathy with MN deer hunters / managers. But a change of sorts has occurred in recent times due to the "inter-web" and the word is getting out. I realize its a slow change.....but we gotta keep doing a few affordable things to keep the heat turned up a bit......if were EVER to see some changes......IMO.

Yeah it's night and day.

I feel like becoming an Iowa resident. Maybe someday... I like my walleyes in MN though!

Road trip, I'd be up for it, it's be a good getaway (maybe a shed hunt)!

............it would not cost much to produce a video and post it up on YouTube. Maybe MDDI could open more eyes and gain some traction?
What would that idea be foggy? And yeah...I'm ready to quit and say to F&^* it

^ To develop a Five minute video of similar habitats and showing the differences in the deer populations on these properties. Serve to ask the question: "WHY". Post on You Tube. Open some eyes within different organizations. That is the idea I was trying to exploit. Keep pointing folks to the video.....if it could compelling.

^^^OK...fire it up

Multiple responses have been written and withdrawn without posting. Contemplating a response......or not.

family_truckster.jpg

:DI had one of those station wagons with the wide mirrors!

You had to swerve from incoming traffic because the mirrors were so far out