Instant Pot cooker

Found one online "power pressure cooker XL" is 10 Qt and says it will can but only pint jars will fit :(.
The search continues....

Bill, in my opinion, take it for whatever its worth.

If your looking to do some canning, look to get a dedicated pressure canner.
After looking my Instant pot thing over, although nice. It would be a pain in the ass to do any serious canning. might be able to fit 4 pint jars.
Not worth the time to set up, an prep, then get 4 jars done at a clip.
I have an recommended the All American 21qt canner. I viewed the cost as a long term investment.

Bill, in my opinion, take it for whatever its worth.

If your looking to do some canning, look to get a dedicated pressure canner.
After looking my Instant pot thing over, although nice. It would be a pain in the ass to do any serious canning. might be able to fit 4 pint jars.
Not worth the time to set up, an prep, then get 4 jars done at a clip.
I have an recommended the All American 21qt canner. I viewed the cost as a long term investment.

I'm getting that impression.
I've looked at those All Americans. Was hoping for something that controlled its own heat.

I'm getting that impression.
I've looked at those All Americans. Was hoping for something that controlled its own heat.

If you're wanting to can just buy a pressure canner with gauge. Controlling the heat isn't that critical, once it gets to pressure, you can turn it to low and it will cruise along. It has a pressure regulator that lets pressure off to hold constant pressure.

On another note, anybody know anything about the "air fryers"? My wife is a health nut and doesn't eat or cook fried foods. I know I'm better off, but I still fry fish. Thought it may be a good option for fried fish, any ideas?

If you're wanting to can just buy a pressure canner with gauge. Controlling the heat isn't that critical, once it gets to pressure, you can turn it to low and it will cruise along. It has a pressure regulator that lets pressure off to hold constant pressure.

On another note, anybody know anything about the "air fryers"? My wife is a health nut and doesn't eat or cook fried foods. I know I'm better off, but I still fry fish. Thought it may be a good option for fried fish, any ideas?

Don't take my word for it I only gave it one chance. but I bought an air fryer a few years back for about $300. They claimed it was better then oil. Brought it home, read the directions, made French fries. I cleaned it, boxed it and returned it the next day.

Found one online "power pressure cooker XL" is 10 Qt and says it will can but only pint jars will fit :(.
The search continues....
Just go old school if you want to can

Just go old school if you want to can

It's looking that way. I just know when I can in a water bath keeping the boil right is tough sometimes. I guess a pressure cooker must hold the heat better. I'd like to move from vegetable based only to some stuff with meat in there

If I can make spaghetti sauce with meat every four years I think you can do it !

If I can make spaghetti sauce with meat every four years I think you can do it !

I make a killer New England clam chowder. When I freeze it the potatoes turn to mush. I'm on the hunt to can it. I know I'll have to vary the potato cook time based on canning temps. But I'd like to pop a jar open and heat it up to get the original taste and texture.

I make four years worth at a time. My wife gets nervous when the big pressure cooker comes out !

I make a killer New England clam chowder. When I freeze it the potatoes turn to mush. I'm on the hunt to can it. I know I'll have to vary the potato cook time based on canning temps. But I'd like to pop a jar open and heat it up to get the original taste and texture.

biill. couple of tricks to prevent the mush.

1. take your potatoes and soak them in salted water for at least 12 hours. Make sure they are cubed/sliced/peeled. Just don't throw a whole potato in there. start with 1 T of salt per gallon of water. the water should be very cloudy.
2. Take the potatoes and cook them in a pan of salted water at about 1 t of salt per gallon. Cook them to al dente.
3. take the potatoes out, spread them on a pan and place them in a chest freezer until frozen.
4. use potatoes near the end of your recipe for the soup.
5. Here is the must. USE A COOLING WAND. Freeze some 2/1 liter bottles of water. Once the soup is done. Cool it down immediately! The soup must be brought down in temperature FAST. The longer it is at temperature the longer it cooks and the faster it turns to mush. Get the temp down as fast as you can.
6. freeze away!!

biill. couple of tricks to prevent the mush.

1. take your potatoes and soak them in salted water for at least 12 hours. Make sure they are cubed/sliced/peeled. Just don't throw a whole potato in there. start with 1 T of salt per gallon of water. the water should be very cloudy.
2. Take the potatoes and cook them in a pan of salted water at about 1 t of salt per gallon. Cook them to al dente.
3. take the potatoes out, spread them on a pan and place them in a chest freezer until frozen.
4. use potatoes near the end of your recipe for the soup.
5. Here is the must. USE A COOLING WAND. Freeze some 2/1 liter bottles of water. Once the soup is done. Cool it down immediately! The soup must be brought down in temperature FAST. The longer it is at temperature the longer it cooks and the faster it turns to mush. Get the temp down as fast as you can.
6. freeze away!!

I'll give that a try!

I bought one on Amazon Prime day. I got the 8 quart. I love mine. I didn't really care much for any deer meat other than the tenderloin. I cooked a roast in mine and it was fall off the bone tender instead of boot leather tender. I typically do 15 minutes per pound of meat. Chicken wings and pork ribs are the bomb in it. I turned my sister back to a meat eater with the wings when she came at Christmas.