Idiots from the City!

Well, who has the right of way, the pickup or the dirt bike? I think it could be solved pretty easily if they kept to the street. :D

"Jumped right out in front of me"

I would not call that being a pussy. Most law enforcement people I know don't mind a call where there is very little grey area and they tend to get to know some of these folks a little better. Job security unfortunately.

I'm certainly not envious of you Mo,
That's a tough spot to be in.

Hopefully they get the hint your the neighbor to be left alone. With out you going to jail of coarse :)

Glad to hear things have gotten better. Hopefully they can reform and become nice neighbors (or end up back wherever they came from). :)

My new neighbors in the metro didn't own a lawn mower when they acquired the house next to me from the bank (came from an apartment). The neighbor's on the other side of them were being snooty about it at first, but those folks (the new residents) have turned out to be extremely high caliber people and very friendly and respectful.

I don't get too wound up about mowed grass. I have the idiot city folk pissed at me for letting (and wanting) a fallow field to remain fallow. Gets them super mad, and I couldn't care less they're bothered by it. You're in the country - if you want a HOA, go find one somewhere else!

Easy now I mowed mine yesterday for the 3rd time this year. Red fescue baby, the more you mow, the more it grows. It's great moisture retention. My grass might be the tallest, but it is the greenest and I don't water or fertilize. I'm the talk of the neighborhood, it's probably more than just my grass.

could have baled my yard in NY after we hadn't been there in 45 days of nice wet grass growing weather, should have baled it in fact, would have looked better.

My wife would ring my neck if we didn't have our lawn cut EVERY week. I get a sore neck thinking about it. ;)

There's just too much to be doing in the woods and plots to be cutting the grass.

A few years ago I suggested spraying off the lawn so the clover could come in better.

My wife didn't agree, I still mow grass.

My Dads "front yard" is a half acre of clover. It gets mowed 2 or 3 times a year.
How can you beat that!

The deer appreciate it too. :)

This thread sure took a turn. HAAA

It sure has turned. Stu has me envious. I wouldn't trade my wife for the world. But a couple mowings a year would make life great. :)

Maybe I should bring it up again.

Rats aren't a problem when you're managing for fox. Besides, if there were rats across the street from these people (the field in question), I'd be happy. lol As far as I'm concerned, they're vermin themselves.

I planted it all to fescue 3 years ago after cutting back the sumac which had overtaken the road. The guy almost got a woody he was so excited when I told him I was planting it to grass. "That'll increase my property value!" Yeah, well I never told him I had no intention of ever mowing it. The stuff hits 8' tall by August, except this year he managed to get the county to cut it on the ROW. Dick move that also wiped out my raspberry crop a week before they were ripe enough to pick. :mad:

I make darn good supplemental income mowing lawns:) hardly anyone cuts their own grass these days! I have couples in their 20's paying me to cut their grass. It's Rediculous. Half the time they ask me to wait till a certain date to cash the check:confused:Like stealing candy from a baby boys;) Its really kind of sad to see someone struggle finically and still be to lazy to cut their own grass. Blows my mind

I make darn good supplemental income mowing lawns:) hardly anyone cuts their own grass these days! I have couples in their 20's paying me to cut their grass. It's Rediculous. Half the time they ask me to wait till a certain date to cash the check:confused:Like stealing candy from a baby boys;) Its really kind of sad to see someone struggle finically and still be to lazy to cut their own grass. Blows my mind
Consider this: many in that generation are so far gone, they can't afford to purchase a push mower because they can't save up the cash burning a hole in their pocket. Also, the Easy Mac generation is the one that has many raised with zero skills in the kitchen as well. I listen to audio books when I'm running up and down the interstate. If you're looking for a good one: "Folks, This Ain't Normal" by Joel Salatin. He talks about kids that are upset at hamburger you have to chew (vs McD mush), or having to be trained to eat a real piece of chicken in their teens.

My wife would ring my neck if we didn't have our lawn cut EVERY week. I get a sore neck thinking about it. ;)

Less dancin'=less mowin '

I'm with ya Mo on the rats. With the dryer and the equipment building up by the house and the fescue plots I have the rats will be evreywhere if I don't stay on top of it. I mow the barn lots just like part of the yard - I don't weed whip them though I use gly! The wifes hates it, but her other option is her doing it - yea right! I hate the fescue and I hate mowing it. What realy drives my wife nuts is when the yard needs mowed in October - I ain't go time for that! I mow it with my bush-hog and tractor - man does she get pissed! I usually get a nasty-gram on my phone because I do it when she isn't home and I am typically up in a tree somewhere. Usually in for a good ass-ripping whenI get home though. As far as your neighbors grass is concerned by buddy had a neighbor (in KY) that mowed his grass with a goat on a chain and a T-post. They just moved the post ever now and again.