I waited 19 months to get this back....

Great looking mount! Off your place?

Very nice. Makes for a nice reminder of why we do all the work we do...planting plots/trees/habitat improvements, etc.

Nice buck! Congrats on growing him and harvesting him. Its exactly what lots are trying to do.

SWEET

That looks great!

Thanks everyone. I appreciate your comments.

Didn't realize that second picture was so grainy until I posted it. Here is a better one of his new home.

Did you weigh him and if so, field dressed?

That is one heck of a deer there Native! 19 months seems like a long time, but I personally have would rather have them take the time and do it right then rush something and screw it up. That is an awesome deer and to have it come off your own place is pretty special, especially with the cam pics and all. Not to stir anything up - do you have any idea on how old he is? He is obviously a tank. Hopefully some of those genes are still walking around in your woods!

Looks awesome, glad your hard work paid off!

That is one heck of a deer there Native! 19 months seems like a long time, but I personally have would rather have them take the time and do it right then rush something and screw it up. That is an awesome deer and to have it come off your own place is pretty special, especially with the cam pics and all. Not to stir anything up - do you have any idea on how old he is? He is obviously a tank. Hopefully some of those genes are still walking around in your woods!

Thanks J-bird. I actually have 4 years of pictures of him, and its pretty obvious he was 5 years old. He was an average to above average 3 year old and I let him walk that year. I watched him tend a doe for about 2 hours one afternoon during gun season.

As a 4 year old he was a ghost. The whole year I had one daylight picture of him and it was at the crack of dawn during the rut, but he was living in my sanctuary and I got pics each night. I thought he was un-killable.

The year I got him as a 5 year old he had been giving several daylight pics at the edge of thick cover. But, I had never had a daylight pic at the spot I shot him. 2013 was a good buck year on my place. There were 2 other big deer and several 3 year olds.

Thanks J-bird. I actually have 4 years of pictures of him, and its pretty obvious he was 5 years old. He was an average to above average 3 year old and I let him walk that year. I watched him tend a doe for about 2 hours one afternoon during gun season.

As a 4 year old he was a ghost. The whole year I had one daylight picture of him and it was at the crack of dawn during the rut, but he was living in my sanctuary and I got pics each night. I thought he was un-killable.

The year I got him as a 5 year old he had been giving several daylight pics at the edge of thick cover. But, I had never had a daylight pic at the spot I shot him. 2013 was a good buck year on my place. There were 2 other big deer and several 3 year olds.

Well you obviously knew he was around and had the patience to let him grow and it paid off for you. Patience can be a difficult virtue to find. He is an awesome deer and it looks like you got a really good mount as well. Lots to be proud of there - and it goes much further than the deer's age or score. It's always special when they come from your own land in my opinion.

Well you obviously knew he was around and had the patience to let him grow and it paid off for you. Patience can be a difficult virtue to find. He is an awesome deer and it looks like you got a really good mount as well. Lots to be proud of there - and it goes much further than the deer's age or score. It's always special when they come from your own land in my opinion.

Thanks, and yes I agree about it being special when its on your own place where you have worked so hard.

That year I had another buck that I had also let go the year before and he blossomed into a beautiful 10 point with long tines but less mass than the deer I killed. He didn't show back up last year, and I wondered what had happened, because I had pics of him after season. A neighbor told me a few days ago that the deer was poached two farms away from me, but they did catch the guy. It's a never ending battle for the small property owner to grow a big, nice deer.

Congrats on a great deer ! That deer has a large throat patch.

Very Nice NH!

I love all the rough bumps on the bases and the Brows. I think that adds a lot of character. Great Deer, anymore like him running around?