Husker volleyball games last night.. new world record

Turkey Creek

5 year old buck +
It was an awesome night to be a Husker fan and a even greater night to be the dad of a volleyball player who is quickly closing in on her aspirations to play college volleyball. Some of you who follow sports may already know the story, but in a nut shell............. the Husker volleyball program set a record for the most spectators at not only a women's volleyball game, but a women's sporting event in the world last night. 92,003 people attended the games in person yesterday. They set up the court in the football stadium. (Yes I know that this is probably a better use for the football stadium currently ......but we have hope for this season!) LOL There probably isnt a stronger volleyball program in the nation at the collegiate level in terms of fan base. With all the controversy around "womens" sports and transgender athletes nice to see the spotlight nationally on something that didnt have that background noise. Truly a once in a lifetime experience for the young ladies on the team.

memorial stadium husker vball.jpg

Each of my kids has had "their" sport. The youngest daughter has been a volleyball junky for a long time. I have watched more hours of volleyball in my life than I would have ever guessed I would 10 years ago. Good volleyball is fast paced and the players are some of the best athletes to take a court/ field.

Pretty awesome event! It's been all the talk here. As far as using the football stadium goes.... it's kind of like a wresting buddy said during intro announcements one tournament; finally a good use of a basketball gym!
Thanks for posting it and good luck to your daughter in her near future!

She has been getting some ego boosts lately, hopefully she doesn't let it all go to her head! She got some good press in the "Prep Dig" publication this week. She isn't tall enough to crack into the better ranked D1 schools. At 5'10" and an outside hitter she doesn't have enough height. She has been getting some interest from the top layer of D2 schools. Since she is just starting her Jr year she couldn't really have "direct" recruiting contact until this summer.

She has been getting some ego boosts lately, hopefully she doesn't let it all go to her head! She got some good press in the "Prep Dig" publication this week. She isn't tall enough to crack into the better ranked D1 schools. At 5'10" and an outside hitter she doesn't have enough height. She has been getting some interest from the top layer of D2 schools. Since she is just starting her Jr year she couldn't really have "direct" recruiting contact until this summer.
I had no idea volleyball would bring in that many ppl, that's stunning. With all the revenue generated with that size crowd, those teams should have the best of everything.

Congrats on her success, it's exciting!! Sounds like she's a gamer, and it's unfortunate she doesn't pass the eye test. You'll see the interest/scholarships go to a 6'3" girl who, on her best day, couldn't hang with your daughter on the court. Those scouts will say when they have the build we want and a little talent, we'll teach them how to play at the next level. The thing is, there's just some attributes, like reaction times, on field/court awareness, play in the clutch situations, etc that just can't be taught. They either have it or they don't.
Ignore that noise, don't let it get in her head. Stress working hard to get even better, score good on her ACT/SAT, and find her a good college she can be comfortable at, hopefully one close enough for you and momma to be able to attend the games!!

A girl from my hometown played for the Huskers 2 years. She left and went to Northwestern for her final 2.

A girl from my hometown played for the Huskers 2 years. She left and went to Northwestern for her final 2.
What is her name? Doubt she is one we know, but we have been blessed to know a few of them personally. My oldest daughter is friends with a couple of the past players.

^^ Cool to be a dad and a part of that whole shebang! Gotta be fun for everyone. My grandaughter was on a division 2 team that won a national tourney. Was a highlight of her life......and ours. Nothing more exciting than a good women's volleyball game.

My daughter is only 5’7”. She plays front row and can out reach and block any 6’+ player you can find. She wants to play at the next level and is smart enough to see the writing on the wall.

She plays all the way around for us and is the best at her position in the area. With that being said, she puts the majority of her free time into being a back row player.

Gotta work with what the Lord gives you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is her name? Doubt she is one we know, but we have been blessed to know a few of them personally. My oldest daughter is friends with a couple of the past players.

Megan Miller.

We knew/ know the 16'-17' players the best. I believe Megan was a Husker more recently than that. Mikaela Foecke (Mikaela Richter now) has goddess like status in our house. LOL My son-in-law has been best friends with her husband since elementary school. She is pretty representative of the quality of young ladies that have worn a Husker jersey. Here is my hopeful college vball player and Mikaela at my oldest daughter's wedding back in January of 2019.

Mikaela and Ains.jpg