Hunting with higher temps

Any big bucks slayed? I only got out once, spent too much time on cabin issues. Saw some does and fawns but no bucks. Lots of acorns!!!!! The stand I was planning to hunt Sunday evening had a nice 8 pointer go by during shooting hours, probably a 3 year old. He also went by on Saturday at 5:40 pm, 2 hours before dark. I'd have been bummed if he was one I wanted to shoot!!!

I assume thats an MO report?

Yes, MO report.

I've got a stack of plastic pallets and my lime spreader under an oak that kept dropping the whole time I was out root raking the garden and grinding stumps. I'd slow the engine down and hear "tink tink".

Sadly, there's been no hoof prints in there that I've noticed. I left it alone today though, so maybe they'll start getting curious again soon. I also wiped out a spot I've bumped numerous does over the past years, so I know they know about the area.

I've got my Summit climber back from my neighbor I loaned it to, and plan on going up for some seat time in the next few days. I've got a shed to do vinyl siding on too, but that shouldn't take long.

Too warm for me this weekend, looks like middle of next week may be when I first get out.

I'm going fishing instead. Then I can winterize the boat after this weekend.

Not to mention east winds are bad for my hunting land.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Will be hitting the stands in the evenings. I am sure the mosquitos wont be bad at all.

Duck opener this weekend, so mornings will be duck hunting the next handful of weekends.

I'm hoping to be in a stand this afternoon.

Skeeters are nearly non-existent at my place. I've spent 40 hours outside in the past 7 days without bug spray of any kind and have encountered maybe a dozen.

I've sat the last 2 Fridays. Skeeters not even bad enough to fire up the therma cell. Heading out again real soon.

This was going to be my stand this afternoon but it was just to hot. Sitting in the stand sweating I called it quits. Went and did some tractor work. Maybe I'll do a AM sit in this stand.

Sent from a Droid phone, using Tapatalk.

This was going to be my stand this afternoon but it was just to hot. Sitting in the stand sweating I called it quits. Went and did some tractor work. Maybe I'll do a AM sit in this stand.

Sent from a Droid phone, using Tapatalk.
I sat in the sun last Friday and was miserably hot. It was not an enjoyable sit until the last hour or so before dark.

Good grief. I am melting on stand right now. I may rethink hunting tomorrow night.

In-laws are coming up tomorrow. I was going to re-side their shed, but I won't bother trying to work with them here. Ask them to stay home, and they have to show up. :mad:

Looks like I'll be trailblazing instead.

Sure would be nice to take a sit in a tree. Too darn hot yet.

Trailblazing sounds a whole lot more fun than working on the shed.

I'm headed to the northwoods for a few days of partridge hunting with my 6 month old dog.
Bow hunting is probably a month off, yet.

Trailblazing sounds a whole lot more fun than working on the shed.

I'm getting paid to do the shed.

Monday tuesday look good for Becker area Fish.

Nice portable bunkhouse Jeff!