Hunting Ole Mexico

Baker

5 year old buck +
Buddy of mine was at his ranch over Thanksgiving and his son did this video as well as taking a beautiful 160" class 8 pt with his bow. Thought some of you might like to see what its like hunting south of the border.

Cool stuff! Looks like lots of big deer down there. Looks a lot like hunting south Texas. Were they on a high fenced farm or free range hunting?

Nice,Wonder how safe it is with everything on the news

Cool stuff! Looks like lots of big deer down there. Looks a lot like hunting south Texas. Were they on a high fenced farm or free range hunting?
I always find it interesting when people ask High fence vs. " free range". I can assure you those deer are free range irrespective of if there is a fence or not. Ranch is thousands of acres. Not that it matters to the deer in the least but it is low fence.Ranch is only a few miles from the river and South Texas.

I always find it interesting when people ask High fence vs. " free range". I can assure you those deer are free range irrespective of if there is a fence or not. Ranch is thousands of acres. Not that it matters to the deer in the least but it is low fence.Ranch is only a few miles from the river and South Texas.

I get that, but I have no idea size piece of land that is...a 500 acre high fence is much different than any size free ranging property. I guess when you get to “thousands” of acres it’s different, but yes I feel differently about contained deer than non contained. Personally I don’t care if people hunt high fenced deer or not; it’s just not my thing.

I don’t assume there are many 10k acre ranches that invest in that much high fencing unless it has some sort of effect.

This is a 2500 acre HF

I would disagree about it being like free range

What a mistake I made even responding to the " free range" comment . Just thought some might be interested in a little Ole Mexico video.

What a mistake I made even responding to the " free range" comment . Just thought some might be interested in a little Ole Mexico video.
Obviously just a lot of feelings regarding the subject. Again, I couldn’t care less if it was or wasn’t high fence...was just curious. Definitely a cool video and experience (one I would like to have, along with a northern Saskatchewan hunt) and I appreciate you sharing.

Baker is this place an outfitter or private ranch? That was some awesome footage! Saw more bucks in 20 min than I have all season

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

They take a few paying hunters . Not sure if booked for season or not? Mostly hunted by family.You interested?

No such thing as free ranging high fence. Don’t care how you justify it. If so why put the fence up?

Beautiful bucks on the video, thanks for sharing Baker.

They take a few paying hunters . Not sure if booked for season or not? Mostly hunted by family.You interested?

At some point in the near future yes, this year no way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fence or no fence great bucks and video!!