Huge Tractor Tools

Maddog66

5 year old buck +
Before I became a tractor owner I always walked past the “jumbo” tool rack and secretly wished I had a reason buy some.

I now have wrenches and sockets up to 1.5”, giant crescent and pipe wrench’s, and a 30” breaker bar.

The only sizes I get much use out of are the 1 5/16” and the 1.5” on implements but the rest look good hanging above my bench!

What’s in your collection for the really big jobs?

I have 3/4” sockets up to 2.5”, 36” crescent, and half inch battery impact driver so far has taken care of my needs

36 inch pipe wrenches get used to break the nut on my pull behind mower clutches to de-rust and reset them every spring.

Nothing too exotic. Wrenches to 50mm. 48" pipe wrench. 3/4" sockets with long pipes. Torch. Mini doctor. Various bottle jacks. Widow maker jack. Air hammer. Milwaukees.

What’s a mini doctor?

I’ve never even heard of those before! Tool envy😂

I need to buy a couple of bottle jacks for sure.

If you use blaster spray you have to have as big of pipe wrench

I got some long combination wrenches that go to about 2". Got a 3/4 drive socket set that goes over 2". Impact wrench, jacks of various kinds, pipe wrenches and large crescent wrenches, and a welder. Got a small drill press.....and get by with it. There have been times that I would like to own an acetylene torch set.....but I always seem to get by without it. Same goes for a metal cutting band saw.....I get by with a sawzall or hand tools.

The big wrenches don't get used too often.....but come in handy from time to time.....especially with some implements. I hate swinging big heavy wrenches. A battery powered impact wrench and sockets has been really nice to own. At prices today....not much reason to not own one.