how old?

Nova

5 year old buck +
I got this guy all over the farm on trail cam, daylight and dark. I think he's 3, but he looked 3 last year. How old do you think this central MN deer is?09300804.JPGIMG_0049.JPG09290550.JPG

This is him last year, maybe he was just 2.5 years old last year.superG2-3.JPG

Short nose, baby face, and leggy. I'd say 3.5. If you cover up the rack i'd be inclined to say 2.5

Short nose, baby face, and leggy. I'd say 3.5. If you cover up the rack i'd be inclined to say 2.5
Exactly what I was thinking, but I really don't think he was a 1.5 year old last year, which is why I think he's 3.5.

Beautiful 3.5

Dandy 3.5. Be a nice one in a year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to say 3.5 also, looks 2.5 to me in last years pic.

Classic 3 1/2. Maybe never be a big scorer but nice heavy bladed tines already!

3 1/2 good looking deer =)

I got to say that I can't guess an age to save my life... but that deer has great mass for what looks to be a young age.

Looking at last year's pic, I'd say he's 3 now.

Classic 3 year old, good enough rack to get himself shot, not mature enough to know he needs to be less visible...We've got a couple like that that I'm almost sure won't make it thru the year because they're just too visible

Looking at last year's pic, I'd say he's 3 now.

Classic 3 year old, good enough rack to get himself shot, not mature enough to know he needs to be less visible...We've got a couple like that that I'm almost sure won't make it thru the year because they're just too visible

Isn't that the truth. I cant remember all of our good three year olds over the years that we passed on never to be seen again. I don't know where most of them went bu I know we didn't shoot them.

Isn't that the truth. I cant remember all of our good three year olds over the years that we passed on never to be seen again. I don't know where most of them went bu I know we didn't shoot them.

If we could get a deer's rack to flatline from 2-3, then blow up at 4, it'd be a lot of fun.but a good 3 year old usually has an impressive frame and looks really good coming thru the woods. But they're not nearly as elusive as a 4 year old buck generally is.

We have a good one at the farm that we're getting daylight pictures of all over the place. I guarantee the neighbors would love to kill him. I'm just hoping he hunkers down in our sanctuary and stays put for the rut and gun season

I'd say 3.5 and he's a beauty. Good luck!