All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long before I should worry?

One square bale over a 1/4 acre would hardly be enough to help or hinder. Good luck but a couple things to keep in mind: diversity is your friend. Planting several different types of seeds, mix of plant types, allows for the possibility of failure of one or two types of seeds while still having enough growing to negate the failure. And two: when mixing different types of planting strategy do solid research so you can best apply the different aspects together to meet your specific application.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's probably less than a 1/4, but that's a ballpark. Thank you for the input. I'm fine with wasting 5 bucks. Just glad I likely didn't hurt the process.

I seeded winter rye and clover to start because my soil is about a 4.5 pH with no amendments done at all yet. I was planning on rotating winter rye and buckwheat until my soil is better. Once my soil isn't so lousy I was thinking I'd follow the LC plan as much as my circumstances and wallet will allow.

Please feel free to poke holes in my ideas. I want all of the feedback you guys have time to give. If something I said above doesn't make sense, I'm all for criticism. Thanks again.

To be honest, I would get some lime in it, sooner the better.

To be honest, I would get some lime in it, sooner the better.
Ok. I'll try to get a few bags into it this weekend to start, and then make some serious efforts to get it going in the right direction this coming spring. Work and home life delayed my plans to do it this past spring. Thank you