How late in the year will a turkey gobble?

j-bird

I either have a very stupid turkey or a very horny turkey! I have a nice size tom that is still gobbling in the mornings and evenings at my place. Turkey season is long gone or Iwould have tried to take his head off already. He seems to have taken a liking to my place for one reason or another. We have turkey around but they are few and far between (lack of ideal turkey habitat - or habitat in general for that matter) so I don't have much exp with turkey behavior. He gobbles and struts just like one would expect him to do in the spring - but it's memorial day!

I have heard them in early June. I have often heard gobbling in the fall too. Once the summer heat sets in, I think he will quiet down.

They are still gobbing south of Omaha. I really enjoy hunting the last half of May as it seems the toms will do about anything to get to a hen. For me if I were to wager when a gobbling tom turk close enough to shoot it would be during this time. I've called many in at other times but it always seems to be a sure thing in late May for me.

We used to do an annual float trip down the Missouri in NE Nebraska in late July and we would always hear some gobbling then. It was great to hear but always surprised us.

They are gobbling and strutting away in NE Oklahoma...

They'll gobble all year, but it will die down considerably in a few weeks. The final season (8th season) in MN is going on now and that's the tag I drew this year. I bagged a nice tom on Saturday and probably heard well over 100 gobbles in 2 days. Last year they seemed to be fired up through late June which I assume was related to the flooding that took out the initial nests so there was probably more breeding going on during the early summer than normal.

Last winter I had a group of toms gobble like crazy when it was snowing in late December. Sometimes I think they gobble just because they can.

They are still going here in Mo but are tapering off. I too have heard them gobble in the fall in North Mo. Kirsville to be exact. I dont here them do it to often in my neck of the woods.

Heard 7 different gobblers this weekend in north central ar. 4 of them gobbled a lot. We hear a fair amount of fall gobbling as well.