How do you lime plots that are done by hand?

Short of an atv or tractor spreader, it's a dirty job and work. When I can get pelletized cheap I've done that but any other time I just get the bags and shake it out evenly the best I can. If you do it by hand I think it's easier to get even coverage with the pellets. Menard's typically has pellets on clearance in late Feb.

I have seen small walk behind drop spreaders for lawn/garden use that would work with the bags of powdered lime. however with very low ground clearance....pushing it over an uneven plot would be more work than i would want to do.

I have seen small walk behind drop spreaders for lawn/garden use that would work with the bags of powdered lime. however with very low ground clearance....pushing it over an uneven plot would be more work than i would want to do.

Tried that, it sucked.

I think I only want to work with Pellet lime for this. Sure it costs more but I want to make a PITA job as easy as possbile.

I think I only want to work with Pellet lime for this. Sure it costs more but I want to make a PITA job as easy as possbile.
for small plots pell lime is the way to go. I get it for $3-4/40lb bag locally so its not too bad and its far easier to work with.

Tried that, it sucked.
kinda what i was thinking....but if you got the plot smoothed out over time using hand tools and you went with a no till program of mowing and spraying eventually it wouldn't too bad....not much different than if it was your lawn.