Here we go again…need rain

Here in East Central MN the ground is super dry but plots are ok. Don't think I've ever seen so many leaves on my oak trees though, whatever that might indicate?

Here in East Central MN the ground is super dry but plots are ok. Don't think I've ever seen so many leaves on my oak trees though, whatever that might indicate?
Famine and locust swarms? (lol) Seem's nobody is catching a break....at least that I know..

Got an inch a couple days ago at home in Wright county MN and 0.8” at parents in itasca county. Kanabec county place holds moisture too well so not concerned yet, actually quite happy.

App says we’re above avg for precip, just been a dry may.

CFBF6964-6E6F-4CDF-BABB-5B08B3B443A7.jpeg

My place is in yellow. I can handle about stage 3 then I start getting crispy.

ca6aaab60b62f54317333c82e1ae8676.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A lot of that South Central/Mid Central Kansas got a nice soaker yesterday. That should help some.

I called the MN Department of Agriculture this morning to request the annual report to the legislature on weather modification activities. The reporting requirement was eliminated in 1999, so it appears nobody is watching the geo-engineers any longer.

I found out today that the tobacco farmer I mentioned has about 200 acres out. Looking at the forecast there is no rain in sight and highs in the 90s. People may just have to smoke the "wildwood weed" instead........

I found out today that the tobacco farmer I mentioned has about 200 acres out. Looking at the forecast there is no rain in sight and highs in the 90s. People may just have to smoke the "wildwood weed" instead........

You are really dating yourself now

I am also old enough to remember the original version of that song as well as the Jim Stafford version in 1974

bill

Missouri gov Parsons already declaring drought

We got a nice soaker Friday night. Not sure how much we got but I always sit a couple buckets along the roof line to save for watering trees and they were filled to the brim so we must've gotten a good bit. We needed it bad.

We had some spotty showers come through last week missed me of course I think the 2 areas I had Sumer cover crops did get hit hopefully

We just got a gully washer. 2" in about 45 minutes. At times I didn't think it was possible for it to physically rain any harder. I honestly thought it was a tornado coming at 1st it was so loud.

I’m south east Kansas and we are dry I have one farm pond on the big farm completely dry. I wish I had my crawler on that farm to clean it out. I’ve had a bit more rain on small farm but we are still way behind our normal rain amounts and had a bad drought last summer so we are looking at back to back drought years. North of me 45 min flooded farm fields at my place I can’t buy a raindrop. Worst part is forecast has been showing a possibility of rain for virtually every day but we get little to nothing out of it.

I’m south east Kansas and we are dry I have one farm pond on the big farm completely dry. I wish I had my crawler on that farm to clean it out. I’ve had a bit more rain on small farm but we are still way behind our normal rain amounts and had a bad drought last summer so we are looking at back to back drought years. North of me 45 min flooded farm fields at my place I can’t buy a raindrop. Worst part is forecast has been showing a possibility of rain for virtually every day but we get little to nothing out of it.
Yea it seems like these storms are very hit and miss. No solid line of storms moving over a great distance. This storm today I would guess covered 40 square miles or less. It popped up just north of us and then stalled out over us. The heavy rain cell might have traveled 5 miles tops, and then just like that it fell off the radar.

These rain patterns are super strange. Our last three were moving East to West which almost never happens.

We got a nice soaker Friday night. Not sure how much we got but I always sit a couple buckets along the roof line to save for watering trees and they were filled to the brim so we must've gotten a good bit. We needed it bad.
I got an alert on my phone that my whole area locally is in a fire watch again already. Guess that rain didn't do a whole lot.

I got an alert on my phone that my whole area locally is in a fire watch again already. Guess that rain didn't do a whole lot.
We got missed totally by those drenching storms…could see them pass by to the south..been like 40+ days of no rain over .05”…might save money on my fall plots anyway…my MIL sent me a trail cam video of a dust devil in their crop field..cool to see but bad for fruit trees and food plots

We got missed totally by those drenching storms…could see them pass by to the south..been like 40+ days of no rain over .05”…might save money on my fall plots anyway…my MIL sent me a trail cam video of a dust devil in their crop field..cool to see but bad for fruit trees and food plots
Ya I thought about putting down some summer buckwheat plots. I'm glad I didn't bother. My rye from last year is sparse but looks decent. Any clover is pretty dried up though.

My clover plot that I worked so hard to spray the grass out of is getting crispy..it was starting to come in nice and thick once the grass was taken care of…just need a couple showers and I think it will be ok..the rye in the other field is pretty good and shading clover and fawns alike..

These are the times a perennial mixed plot really pays dividends. When 2021 was bone dry, driest ever recorded in my area, my mixed perennial plots hung on all the way through. I dug that year, an i went 8 feet deeper than my highest plot elevation, and I was pulling up powdered clay. I couldn't believe those plots held on.

I restarted some plots this past weekend, and I'm not confident they'll do squat without a good germinating rain to get them going.

There are two things I love about chicory:

1. It laughs at drought.
2. Deer are crazy about it.