Help with the "Wayne Helton Conservation Area" in Northern MO.

Critter Chaser

Yearling... With promise
Hello,
Looking for help. I am hunting a small piece of property in MO this year and am also looking at possible doing some snooping around and or hunting in the “ Wayne Helton Conservation Area” in MO. I am wondering if anyone is familiar with this area and would be willing to help me get started. It a large piece of land and looks very intimidating to get started on without ever being there first. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hello,
Looking for help. I am hunting a small piece of property in MO this year and am also looking at possible doing some snooping around and or hunting in the “ Wayne Helton Conservation Area” in MO. I am wondering if anyone is familiar with this area and would be willing to help me get started. It a large piece of land and looks very intimidating to get started on without ever being there first. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Use google maps thru mdc and it will be outlined also call that area conservation officer he can give you some input on what you can expect he will probley have to call you back you can find that also on the mdc web site good luck

CC, how was the Missouri hunt?

Ended up not hunting in MO this year. Didn’t want to go to an area that I had never been before by myself. I am now going to see if I can purchase a small piece of land (40 acres or less) in the area. If I can’t find anything, I think I will make a trip down in the spring for some scouting.