Help select a trailcam

I've got two Moultrie M-880s. One is on it's second year and working perfectly. Takes great pics night and day. I set mine to 4mp. Anything larger, and it gets very hard to work with when you want to send or post. I did have problems with my new 880 this year, but Moultrie took care of it and sent me a new camera. Service was a little unorganized, but they made it right in the end. You can pick them up about anywhere for $120-$140. They have been going on sale a lot lately. I picked up my second one from amazon during black monday last year for $115. 8AA lithiums last an entire season from snow melt to snow fly.

I love Coverts but I don't have any MP-e5....

Any feedback I might buy one
I got one this summer for same price as above. My feedback is this
Day time pics are great
Battery life is good
Night time pics suck bad
Kind of a pain to set up
I like the 100 Walmart bushnell for that price range. It takes better night pics

When buying any commerical brand camera you run the risk of having problems. The 'experts' say Reconyx and Buckeye are the best but I can't justify dropping 600 on one camera. I used to use Cuddeback but a lot of there newer models have gone way down hill. I still have some that are 5 or 6 years old that are my best regular flash cameras.

I have almost exclusively moved to Covert for a number of reasons. 1) they have excellent battery life especially when using lithiums 2) they are consistent with a decent trigger speed 3) their picture quality is good (not great). They do have some draw backs such as taking multiple pictures of nothing because the grass was blowing in the wind.

I also run one Ltl Acorn which is decent and two Predators. The Predators went out of business but mine still work so I keep using them. They aren't great though. If you don't want to spend a fortune buy a Covert in my opinion.

When buying any commerical brand camera you run the risk of having problems. The 'experts' say Reconyx and Buckeye are the best but I can't justify dropping 600 on one camera. I used to use Cuddeback but a lot of there newer models have gone way down hill. I still have some that are 5 or 6 years old that are my best regular flash cameras.

I have almost exclusively moved to Covert for a number of reasons. 1) they have excellent battery life especially when using lithiums 2) they are consistent with a decent trigger speed 3) their picture quality is good (not great). They do have some draw backs such as taking multiple pictures of nothing because the grass was blowing in the wind.

I also run one Ltl Acorn which is decent and two Predators. The Predators went out of business but mine still work so I keep using them. They aren't great though. If you don't want to spend a fortune buy a Covert in my opinion.

Long battery life and good trigger speed along with good pictures is why I keep buying Coverts.

AA batteries ( big plus)

How'd you figure that out Phil? Very interesting no doubt.
when i first got the M80 i was having issues with the camera not detecting the brand new SD HC cards after i would pull them and throw them in the lap top. I tried all sorts of different SD HC cards thinking the problem was with the cards. Finally i called Moultrie's customer service and as i explained the problem they told me that deleting the images on the SD cards via the lap top was changing the formatting on the card....and the camera didn't like the change in format. they suggested to use the delete function on the camera.