Help a yankee out with ID....

rocksnstumps

5 year old buck +
Ok down south for work the last several months and today went to an area called Natural Dam, AR. Lots of oak along the trail and maybe a few shrubs. Trying to brush up on my ID skills. Lived in NE Texas in the past but don't remember some of the last of these.

Chinkapin Oak?
20160430_130331 (Medium).jpg

White Oak?
20160430_131943 (Medium).jpg

Southern Red Oak?
20160430_132101 (Medium).jpg

Shrub A?
20160430_131558 (Medium).jpg

Some kinda oak or Shrub B?
20160430_131723 (Medium).jpg

Ok final one which shows the natural rock ledge aka dam which spans a couple hundred feet. Lots of rain last night so plenty of water and flooding across the low bridge just downstream of the ledge. Maybe about a 5 or 6 ft drop when the water is lower but not today!
20160430_125900_1 (Medium).jpg

Those are out of my league, sorry.

Yes, the first is chinkapin oak.

Second is white oak.

Third is northern red oak instead of southern red.

Shrub A is young southern red oak.

Shrub B is a young post oak (in the white oak family)

Thanks for your help. Thought most were oak but kinda surprised at the variety all within 150 yards of each other along a trail by the creek. Didn't really expect northern and southern red oak to overlap habitat like that.

Hey - I'm late to the test and the Teacher already graded them, but I was right on all 5.....at least per Teacher Native!!! And I'll take that!

Yep - I was guessing as I scrolled down - got to the last one and went...."waterfall.....duh!":D

kinda wondering now if "shrub B" is not a water oak. Found some info on forestryforum that indicates young ones especially in shade get leaf shapes all over the map. I remember post oak from Texas and the older trees definitely look different than this but the young trees don't remember....