Health issues

Glad to hear that. Sending prayers for a good recovery.

First off I'd like to thank everyone. I was discharged to day and boy is it good to be hone. I'm on some pretty heavy restrictions so knife making isn't going to start till after Christmas and then maybe even longer. That's going to be a hard one. One thing that I can't understand is I weighed myself the morning of surgery. The last solid meal I had was 1 week ago. Then it was a liquid diet up till surgery day Wednesday, after surgery it was water only till Friday, Friday back on a liquid diet, Liquid diet was up to discharge today. So one of the first things I did was jump on the scale figuring I be down on some weight. I weighed the exact same as the day I went in, go figure. I'm on an unrestricted diet but need to work into it slowly, you wouldn't believe how good a can of chicken noodle soup a ritz cracker tasted today for lunch. I have a catheter and will have to have that for at least 2 weeks. Only advantage to that is I won't have to get out of bed at night to pee. So again thank you everyone for your prayers.

Wishing you the best, my prayers for a speedy recovery.

IV Weight? I bet it comes off in a few days. Check that scale again in a few. Glad your doing well.

Praying for a speedy recovery!

First off I'd like to thank everyone. I was discharged to day and boy is it good to be hone. I'm on some pretty heavy restrictions so knife making isn't going to start till after Christmas and then maybe even longer. That's going to be a hard one. One thing that I can't understand is I weighed myself the morning of surgery. The last solid meal I had was 1 week ago. Then it was a liquid diet up till surgery day Wednesday, after surgery it was water only till Friday, Friday back on a liquid diet, Liquid diet was up to discharge today. So one of the first things I did was jump on the scale figuring I be down on some weight. I weighed the exact same as the day I went in, go figure. I'm on an unrestricted diet but need to work into it slowly, you wouldn't believe how good a can of chicken noodle soup a ritz cracker tasted today for lunch. I have a catheter and will have to have that for at least 2 weeks. Only advantage to that is I won't have to get out of bed at night to pee. So again thank you everyone for your prayers.
I debated offering this. I have experience of the same and only have a thought about the weight issue. I had a radical 18 years ago. I have since not weighed less than I did the day of my surgery. I think you probably have a lot of water retention and maybe its because of a temporary situation involving lymph system function. You can look up the importance of the lymph system in clearing your body of waste. Post surgery it's probably working overtime - as it should and given the surgical damage to your urinary system body fluids are going to back up for a while. Or, that's how I've come to understand what happened to me. It will resolve as your surgical injuries heal. One other caution! I appreciate you comment about how good real food is now! I tried to eat myself back into health. All I can say is I've been carb loading for 18 years just in case I need to run somewhere! Good luck and best wishes!

My Doc called today with the results from the samples taken from the lymph nodes samples. Cancer was contained to the prostrate and none present under microscopic study of the lymph node samples. He was concerned that it may have spread because of its advance condition. I'm given a clean bill of health but do have to back for a follow up in March. I'm still under very heavy restrictions and have missed one gun show because of it. I've another coming up in the end of December, I'm hoping I can get a little more inventory built up and be able to attend that one. While sitting around doing nothing I've got lots of different idea I want to incorporate into a build.

That's great news Brother, keep healing up on your way to a full recovery!

The restrictions I'm currently under are costing me. No lifting, no repetitive motions, no much of anything but able to walk around. So my day consist of You Tube and surfing the web. Then I see this thingamajig and say to myself, I don't have one of those or I can use that, you get the picture. Then It's here I come Amazon. Granted anything I have bought will make knife making easier or help improve them. Wednesday I have an appointment, so I'm looking forward to getting all or most of them removed so I can get back to knife making. Shows are starting up and my inventory is low and I have several orders waiting for me to get too.

Focus on your health and recovery, that is what will keep you in the game and enjoy what you want to do 😉

Offering best wishes and speedy recovery from Idaho!

Yeah you're bored, but at least the new is good.

Yesterday catheter came out and the 40 or so staples. Some restriction lifted but I can get out in the shop as long as I take it easy.

Yesterday catheter came out and the 40 or so staples. Some restriction lifted but I can get out in the shop as long as I take it easy.
Take it easy fella, but keep moving.

Congrat's Mike!. Great news. S L O W.....and steady wins the race buddy.

Motion is lotion 😉

I had my 3 month follow up after having my prostate removed. I'm feeling great but my PSA test had a higher reading than what was expected. So in another 3 months I have to go back and get tested again. If the reading haven't gone up Doc says it a good sign, if it goes up and depending how much it will tell the story. Long story short I still have some cancer in me but how much is yet to be determined. Doc says at this time it's not something to worry to much about.