Green Cover Fall release & crimper

Just did a quick google on using steam to kill weeds. Plausible. Not sure about such use on a small scale......but the idea has merit. My invention days have likely passed me by. Maybe solar power would be SD's department. I can see it now.....a huge magnifying glass crossing food plots and frying everting in sight.
It wasnt meant for killing weeds.......I was talking about specifically using it for the folks who are wanting to grow "clover plots" but still be able to plant another crop like fall cereal grains into it without having to terminate the clover.....My thinking was that all you really need to be able to do is stunt the clovers top growth without killing the roots....Basically send it into a temporary dormant state......I figured the easy way to do that would be through "heat".....Clover is pretty tender and succulent so I thought maybe you could heat up the moisture in the plant enough that it would I suppose rupture the cell walls or something to that effect. Not sure if its possible but just an idea

It wasnt meant for killing weeds.......I was talking about specifically using it for the folks who are wanting to grow "clover plots" but still be able to plant another crop like fall cereal grains into it without having to terminate the clover.....My thinking was that all you really need to be able to do is stunt the clovers top growth without killing the roots....Basically send it into a temporary dormant state......I figured the easy way to do that would be through "heat".....Clover is pretty tender and succulent so I thought maybe you could heat up the moisture in the plant enough that it would I suppose rupture the cell walls or something to that effect. Not sure if its possible but just an idea
There is a product idea for sure. A magic "pill" to set back clover for a spell.....while our fall candy crops become established. Perhaps Glyphosate is as close as it gets at this point?

Edit: After re-reading this topic.....I think I should add some alfalfa and some hairy vetch to my better plot areas. Still may broadcast more winter rye (already drilled 100#/ acre....and could add a few lbs of each to the rye. I think there is enough time if I get that seed soon.

Last edited:

When I run my crimper through clover, the clover tends to grow more horizontal than vertical for quite sometime. That may be all the time that you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk