Grapples

foggy

5 year old buck +
I have a 48" root grapple that was made by Markham welding. They are out of business and my BIL wanted one like it. I researched the Titan brand that sells on Ebay. He bought one and it seems like allot of bang for the buck. $975 delivered.

I use mine all the time and don't know how I got by without it. The guys at TBN have given this a thumbs up. They are imported and get the job done for the homeowner and light equipment. One thing I have learned is that you do NOT want a heavy or wide grapple on a compact tractor. This size and weight is the deal IMO

That may be the same one my BIL got. Looks similar. Pretty good value IMO.

Handeling trees is a WHOLE LOT easier with a grapple. I seldom use my chainsaw on downed trees......I just pick up the tree, push it against two other trees and break it in 3 pieces. Then stack the wood. Fast work!

For under $1,000, it is a great deal. I have plasma cut the parts for 3 of these for guys at work in the last couple years. From what they tell me they work well and are holding up fine. Nice part about doing these yourself is that you can build them as heavy-duty as you want and the cost is virtually the same. Of course, one needs access to the manufacturing equipment as well. Literally a small handful of dollars more to use heavier materials and stouter pivot bearings. The ability to do that is heavily based on the size of the tractor your using it on of course! The guys that built them had between $140 and $180 in just the steel alone, about 10 to 12 hours to fit and weld it up and another 3 hours in blast and paint, then you still have to buy the ram! The guy who most recently built one burns between 10 and 13(depending on the weather) full cord of wood a year, not face cord, and he cuts it all himself, so he really wanted to make sure his was well built and would last.