Got My Brassica Plots in

Terrific_tom

5 year old buck +
Was up this last weekend and planted 2 plots of brassica mix. I had sprayed 3 weeks before. One of the plots I sprayed I must of bumped the switch for sprayer so there was part of the plot that was missed which made discing a little bit harder. Now I have to hope for rain, had plenty of rain in June and early July.

Looks awesome.

I am doing mine this evening. Rain coming tomorrow....... Or so they say....

Looks good.

Looks good. Rain chance this weekend and Tuesday. Hope it happens.

Hopefully the rains return. Feels like we are falling into a dry pattern.

Boy I hear you Bueller, I'm afraid to see what the sand is going to look like this weekend at my place.

Looks awesome.

I am doing mine this evening. Rain coming tomorrow....... Or so they say....

Sounds like a sure way to get the rain to go around you.

I am here now. I see it coming on radar.... it better not or else.....

You need to get into the hay business then go cut your hay, and while you wait for it to dry go and plant your food plots. Hay on the ground is a magnet for rain.

Love the goldenrod for edge. Report back if you see any bucks scent check from there where you can see them.

Brassica is in. Did around an acre and spread some in my corn and beans.

Trouble might be that my corn and beans are getting fairly weedy again.....

My corn is looking a bit behind. Its nice and dark green, but its only waist high on average. I planted the first week in May. I am gonna be looking at some small cobs at best. Nothing even close to tassling yet. Cripes.....

Was up this last weekend and planted 2 plots of brassica mix. I had sprayed 3 weeks before. One of the plots I sprayed I must of bumped the switch for sprayer so there was part of the plot that was missed which made discing a little bit harder. Now I have to hope for rain, had plenty of rain in June and early July.
/QUOTE]

What all did you plant in your brassica plot?

Ground hog radish, purple top turnips and Barsica forage rape.

Sounds like mine except I tried Kale this year in the mix. Good luck!