Got my 2019 eight point back

Native Hunter

5 year old buck +
He will be safer on my wall than he was in the field. Tax man found a 22 bullet lodged in his skull and he also had one eye poked out.

7SZWTRL.jpg

OJaFTlL.jpg

looks nice, congrats to you

and I think its a lot more common than many think to find slugs in deer,
on one property I hunted the last 15 deer I shot off it, all had slugs in them, several has bullet holes in there ears too, have also found some with broadhead blades in them too!
last buck I shot there, was a buck I passed on the night before, was in food plot till dark!
I was hoping he made it to next season, and he showed up next morning limping with a few slugs in him
I ended up shooting him as I didn;lt think he would survive his wounds, found 3 45 caliber pistol slugs in him!, and two older 22 bullets in him as well

Poor guy took a lot of Hits over his life time!
he had s lot of meat that IMO was questionable due to all the scar build up about slugs, I opted to scrap the meat to be on the safe side!
some area's just have a LOT more cheaters than others,. a shame IMO< but is what it is here it seems!

and why so few every seen 3 yr old bucks here!

Nice Native! Those deer are tough animals.

That’s a helluva deer.

Either I’m a decent shot, or the average hunter is terrible: I rarely wound and don’t recover a deer. Maybe it comes down to shot selection? I do feel like I pass up several questionable shot opportunities for every one that I take, even on the same animal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great Native, very nice buck!

I do taxidermy and im amazed at how many nearly fatal injuries a buck takes on! Any buck over 3 or 4 yrs old usually has some battle scars whether it be a broadhead encased in bone, a shallow bullet healed in, a punctured rib or missing eye from fighting. Theyve all had close calls.

Very nice mount. I've taken my share of crippled deer. Around here, the dog hunt deer with buckshot, so deer limping around is pretty common.