Got a Wild idea brewing! Opinions needed

Looking good, keep up with the updates.

Look on the bright side. The overtime will help pay for the project.

Are you going to put some type of plastic/foam/vapor barrier down before pouring the floor?

The guys I bought from in N.MO didn't put anything under the barn concrete floor. When it's humid tadpoles could live on it.

Are you going to put some type of plastic/foam/vapor barrier down before pouring the floor?

The guys I bought from in N.MO didn't put anything under the barn concrete floor. When it's humid tadpoles could live on it.

Never seen this done around here but I will talk to my flatworker about that And see what he has to say.

Tks Bill

Plastic is required in WI as far as I know.. Might be more for Radon gas???? (just guessing here)

-John

Looks like you will have plenty of natural light in the new house. Always fun to see the walls go up, but then things seem like they progress at a snails pace from there.

Maybe I'm weird. Check that, I know I am.
But I bet that smells great. I love the smell of fresh timber and saw dust.

Maybe I'm weird. Check that, I know I am.
But I bet that smells great. I love the smell of fresh timber and saw dust.

Guaranteed. I love that smell too!

Starting to look like a house boys! These guys sure make it look easy! im just here to sling lumber image.jpg

Jordan, looking really good.

I see we have the same taste in houses now! :) Except I will have a single dormer on both sides of the house and a wrap around porch. Can't wait to see the inside layout.

I see we have the same taste in houses now! :) Except I will have a single dormer on both sides of the house and a wrap around porch. Can't wait to see the inside layout.
We wanted a wrap around porch but sheesh those porches add up$$$$

We wanted a wrap around porch but sheesh those porches add up$$$$

I understand completely. Your design would allow for a porch to be added at some point if you ever get the cash to do so.

Boy these storms that blew through were a mess! Tore the hell out of my tar paper. Climbed up at least 6 times to fix parts and place tarps over leaks. Went down sometimes 3x a day to use backpack blower to blow water off subfloor. It is dried out good now.
Metal roof project will start Wed. I hired it out. For $1650 labor I couldn't justify fooling with it. Meeting my plumber this morning to lay it out for him to do this week. Geo thermal system and well next
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Some interior shots. Don't know why but these pics make it look small

Future family room/kitchen with 10x14' mudroom on the far side
image.jpg
Stairs to the boys rooms upstairs
image.jpg
image.jpg

2 bedrooms upstairs with a full bath. Total of 800square footage upstairs
image.jpg
image.jpg

Looking good. Hopefully you will get some better weather. Good call on hiring out the roof. We have many accidents with guys falling off metal roofs during the instal in our area.

Looks great Jordan!

^^^^^ X2