Got a Wild idea brewing! Opinions needed

Good luck Jordan. Keep posting pictures on the progress, always fun and exciting to see somebody building something.

Good luck Jordan. Keep posting pictures on the progress, always fun and exciting to see somebody building something.

X2. Keep the updates coming Jordan!

X2. Keep the updates coming Jordan!
Looks as if Lots of progress is being made , Nothing better than following the dream most people never get that far , Have been doing the same somewhat all my life , looks as if the home place will great ,

What is going to be your first ag project attempt ?

Ready for Mon morning pour!

image.jpg

Looks as if Lots of progress is being made , Nothing better than following the dream most people never get that far , Have been doing the same somewhat all my life , looks as if the home place will great ,

What is going to be your first ag project attempt ?

Right now I'm just focussing on getting the house built. 30x40 Barn next...
I will prolly work on fruit and chestnut orchard first!

Pretty cool Jordan.

Keep posting pics and let us follow along.

Looks good. Now the fun starts.

Don't let it get you to aggravated, no project like that runs perfectly smooth.

Tell us about those thick evergreens in the first picture. That looks like a bedding area dream com true.

Tell us about those thick evergreens in the first picture. That looks like a bedding area dream com true.
Sit from an upstairs window and that's a great location pre-work morning sit!

Jordan, one thing I was thinking about at work today was if you had considered planting some balsam fir/scotch pine/white pine/etc and get a future christmas tree farm going? That way, when people come out to pick pumpkins/apples they will know that you've got their 'full season' needs covered with halloween/thanksgiving/christmas. Obviously wouldn't be until later down the road, but it's something to build on. Could always entertain some sort of christmas deal as well such as sleigh rides, or sell your chestnuts and trees during december. This breaks the season up a bit.

Sweet corn for late summer/early fall, apples for all fall, pumpkins for october(maybe a maize maze...that'd be amazing ;)), take november off, prepare trees and such for christmas in the years to come.

Sorry if your plans have changed, I haven't been around much this fall on here. I'm glad to see some progress!!

Those ever greens are a buffer between me an a pretty busy 2 lane hwy. My place sits up on a bluff above. Between those cedars and the bluff I can barely hear it. Make a great place for an advertising sign someday!

Jordan, one thing I was thinking about at work today was if you had considered planting some balsam fir/scotch pine/white pine/etc and get a future christmas tree farm going? That way, when people come out to pick pumpkins/apples they will know that you've got their 'full season' needs covered with halloween/thanksgiving/christmas. Obviously wouldn't be until later down the road, but it's something to build on. Could always entertain some sort of christmas deal as well such as sleigh rides, or sell your chestnuts and trees during december. This breaks the season up a bit.

Sweet corn for late summer/early fall, apples for all fall, pumpkins for october(maybe a maize maze...that'd be amazing ;)), take november off, prepare trees and such for christmas in the years to come.

If you get into the projects mentioned ,, Apples, pumpkins, Christmas trees, corn maze , hay rides, There is absolutely no way you will have November off, in order to make these projects large enough to positive cash flow there will not be enough time to care for the details to make it a first class experience for your customers , Skimp on the little things and the public will take note . You may find it hard to deer hunt . time , commitment ect

Love to watch your progress

Cool pics Jordan! Congrats on building a new house.

It's a good thing some people like hosting these types of events (apple picking, pumpkin patch, etc.)

I know I don't like dealing with the general public enough to do something like this.:eek:

I couldn't handle some of the characters that would be sure to show up. :rolleyes:

Basement poured
panels stripped
ties busted
tar painted and drain tiled
finish back filling tomorrow
Framing won't start for another week
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I see walls! :) How big is the foot print for the house?

What's yalls opinions on flatwork finishes? What you guys think holds up the best? I really like the look of exsposed Agrigate but worry it be a pain to sweep or shovel snow?
Thoughts and opinions welcome

I have a buddy that owns a concrete business. I have seen lots of jobs and I like the look and function of a broomed finish. Make sure they dont skimp on the expansion joints!

image.jpg
Set the beam yesterday with a couple guys! One guy is working by himself today preparing for 6 journeyman carpenters sat and sun to straight get after it! They say Trusses will be set and roof sheeted by Sun ev! I was supposed to be there to help tomorrow but got mandatory overtimed at work :mad: