Got a Wild idea brewing! Opinions needed

Looks good Jordan. Hopefully no more storms or setbacks and everything goes well for you. I bet everyone is ready to move in.

Looks good.

Doesn't look small to me. That's a long span on the ceiling joist in living room.

Looking good!

Posts # 84, 85, 86 ........ Plastic, the heavy clear stuff ( I think it's 5 mils thick ), is a very good idea for keeping radon out AND for keeping dampness out. Take all precautions NOW and avoid " woulda - coulda - shoulda " later. Once finished, any home remedies and mitigations are expensive.

Nice looking start, Jordan !!

Looks great Jordan, glad the weather was only a temporary problem. No river running through the living room :)

Get some pictures of the geothermal being installed if you can. I'm planning on one for my next house and I'm interested in your progress.

Thanks,

-John

Place is looking great! We tried geothermal but when the well didn't hit water and the surface was solid rock it didn't work out financially. Keep up the great work.

Metal roof started but not finished
image.jpg

Looks good.
Metals a good choice with Midwest winds. I'm constantly picking up shingles and siliconing where they once were.

Are going to put any of those ice breaker thingy's on there so a whole sheet doesn't come sliding down at once?

Looks good.
Metals a good choice with Midwest winds. I'm constantly picking up shingles and siliconing where they once were.

Are going to put any of those ice breaker thingy's on there so a whole sheet doesn't come sliding down at once?

Yessir they make some clear polmer ice breakers that don't look to bad

Step by step
Couple update pics

Hvac guys start tomorrow
Buddy poured basement floor today while I was at work. Anxious to see it!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Front Porch is tuff to see in above pic but I went with River Rock stamp. Plan to stain an seal
image.jpeg

I like the looks of your cedar porch supports. I assume you are going to build cedar collars to cover those hideous metal ties though!!:D

I like the looks of your cedar porch supports. I assume you are going to build cedar collars to cover those hideous metal ties though!!:D
You betcha
I will trim out the bottoms with milled and mitered 2x6's

What are the black things the posts are sitting up on ?? I assume they are to keep posts up off the porch floor ( water )??

What are the black things the posts are sitting up on ?? I assume they are to keep posts up off the porch floor ( water )??

Yep they are polmer blocks
As said above I will trim out the bottoms with some cedar 2x6's

I saw your note on trimming out. I was interested in the structural piece and it's purpose !! I've seen ones made out of cast aluminum - no rust as well. I like the idea of the polymer ones - no corrosion or oxidation of any kind. Nice !!

image.jpeg image.jpeg Deck day!

At a minimum elevated deck for archery practice. We need more pictures!!