Gobble gobble...

Gator

5 year old buck +
I had a great hunt on Saturday morning. Setup just off of a T on a two track logging road near where I've seen some strutting. I was looking across the logging road and straight down the other which leads directly to a small little opening where birds like to roost. As soon as he hit the ground he couldn't have taken more than a couple of steps when he cleared the wood line and was able to see my Dakota decoys setup (jake with submissive hen). He ran directly at me the 70 or so yards pausing very briefly twice to fan out. It happened so fast, he was in my deeks before I could get my gun up. I wasn't worried at first because my plan was to raise my gun once his head was behind his fan. Well that took well over a minute once he was at the deeks. He postured on this jake and paced back and forth from the jake's rear to his head and then started short hisses at him. I was very upset at this point that I wasn't able to find my tripod that morning and thus wasn't filming it as the footage was incredible to witness! He finally turned far enough to block his view of me and I was able to get the gun up.

22lbs, 9 1/2" beard, 3/4" spurs.
2 year old with no hens around = not even fair for him!!

Attachments

• turkey2015.JPG
    turkey2015.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 16
Congrats Gator. Nice bird.

Nice one! I was hoping to make it out in the beginning of May but my plans may be shot. Too many other projects going on.

Great job Gator! Congrats!

It's nice when you can get a lone bird like that, congrats!

Congrats.

Congrats Gator.